Re: Unable to pay via CC

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Unable to pay via CC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have no idea why Origin causes so many troubles with payment. Do you want make sales or what?

Origin provides only three options of payment.
- CC (which doesn't work for me)
- PayPal, which I'm trying to boycott

- EA Game Card (the sum of card is not convinient for me)

Why can't I pay just with my [Removed - CM] credit card, which I use worldwide? Steam.com accepts. Asos.com accepts, *.com accepets, Origin: "Cannot add new credit card
Choose another available payment method". I don't want to add NEW credit card, I want to use my already linked to my account credit card!

Whats wrong with you Origin?

- Lost customer

Message 1 of 4 (256 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @Kacmem!

Really sorry to hear you're going through a little trouble with the payment method you're trying to use for our Origin store. We don't want to make it difficult like this! 

We're here to help if you need it, but we can't go into any in-depth details related to your account on the forums so if you need one of our EA Advisors to pull up your account to assist in getting a payment to be accepted, we have them on standby 24/7 right here.

Are you getting an error code? We have an FAQ on error codes here.

Try removing all payment methods from your account and double-check the information is correct on the method you're adding (address, name, expiration ,etc). Re-add the payment method. Are you trying to make a purchase from both the website and Origin client? If one is not working, try the other.

These are the payment methods we accept: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/ordering-payment-information/#paymentmethods

Please keep us updated.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer, but I tried to use both methods for sure (client, web).

Please find attached files of error I have.
And my credit card info is already in the system. Why there is no option to pay with it - have no idea,

[Removed personal account info - CM]

Message 3 of 4 (214 Views)

Community Manager

@Kacmem 

If you're still having some trouble making a purchase through Origin please contact our Live-Support team so they can pull up your account to see what's causing this error. They'll help push through a transaction for you. 

Click here to contact an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (168 Views)