Re: Unable to add games to cart

by Dragonglenn1978

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to add games to cart

★★★ Novice

I am attempting to purchase games in order to take advantage of the "origin50" sales. However, when I click on the orange "buy $39.99" button a error pop-up opens and says

An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error: httpRequest ERROR: https://gateway.ea.com/proxy/commerce/carts2/store-cart-purchase/offerEntries?storeId=origin-store¤c... 409 (Conflict)]

I have tried later, use both origin client and different browsers, I even tried log in with another computer. All these attempts are failed. What can I do to purchase games? Thanks!

Message 1 of 18 (16,595 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @DiarrheaEuphoria

Then you tried to make a purchase from a different PC, was it on the same Internet connection as your main one? Can you try to make a purchase from a mobile device with a different type of Internet connection? 

If nothing still works, and your other PC was on a different Internet connection, I would suggest you get in contact with our EA Advisors (click here to do it) because on Answers HQ we can`t manage personal accounts.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (20,824 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @DiarrheaEuphoria

Then you tried to make a purchase from a different PC, was it on the same Internet connection as your main one? Can you try to make a purchase from a mobile device with a different type of Internet connection? 

If nothing still works, and your other PC was on a different Internet connection, I would suggest you get in contact with our EA Advisors (click here to do it) because on Answers HQ we can`t manage personal accounts.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 18 (20,825 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello guys, i also had the same error message but i solved it,  i have seen how very many people are suffering but i don't know where to post to get maximum audience and help as many people as possible, so here for now

What i did: 

I reallised towards the end of error message there is a country so 

1) open origin, go to profiles and under billing make sure it is a working payment method after it has opened in the browser.

2: MOST IMPORTANT!!: Change the country at the top end of the browser to reflect a country closest to you. open another tab and login to ea again, confirm that the country you have changed to is the one showing.

3) Login to origin in the browser, confirm that the currency showing for the games prices are the currency of the country you have changed to,

WALLLA!!! you can now purchase the game without the annoying error.

Note: you dont need to change your actual country under your profile near the payment method or address

Message 3 of 18 (14,723 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello guys, i also had the same error message but i solved it,  i have seen how very many people are suffering but i don't know where to post to get maximum audience and help as many people as possible, so here for now

What i did: 

I reallised towards the end of error message there is a country so 

1) open origin, go to profiles and under billing make sure it is a working payment method after it has opened in the browser.

2: MOST IMPORTANT!!: Change the country at the top end of the browser to reflect a country closest to you. open another tab and login to ea again, confirm that the country you have changed to is the one showing.

3) Login to origin in the browser, confirm that the currency showing for the games prices are the currency of the country you have changed to,

WALLLA!!! you can now purchase the game without the annoying error.

Note: you dont need to change your actual country under your profile near the payment method or address

Message 4 of 18 (14,722 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for that. Any chance you could clarify this as it does not seem to make any sense.

What do you mean at "top end of browser". Do you mean in address bar, as there is no other place on the browser that shows country?

Message 5 of 18 (14,595 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that happend to me to also i have battle field 1 and when i tried to play the thing popped up

Message 6 of 18 (14,369 Views)

★ Novice

I had this exact problem, and using a mobile device on a different network did nothing. The same error message popped up, and I can't buy anything still.

Message 7 of 18 (12,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the attempt, but this does not seem to fix the error. To bad the game wasn't release for steam, much less hassle there.

Message 8 of 18 (10,359 Views)

★★ Novice

Go to https://myaccount.ea.com and add payment and shipping information. I have a Xbox live subscription and did not know my address.

Message 9 of 18 (9,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie
None of this worked for me at all 😕
I don't know what's going on with my account 🤔
Message 10 of 18 (7,131 Views)