Re: Unable to Purchase Games or Contact Advisors

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Unable to Purchase Games or Contact Advisors

★★ Novice

Hey!

Okay, so this seems to be a common problem, but when I try to add a game to my basket to purchase it, I get this error code:

An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error: httpRequest ERROR: https://gateway.ea.com/proxy/commerce/carts2/store-cart-purchase-client/offerEntries?storeId=Store-O... 400 (Bad Request)]

I am not using a proxy or VPN, my location is set to my country, my IP address is fine (I think), I have a valid payment method.

Everything was fine up until a week or so ago.

I even tried to create a new account, I can purchase on that account from the same laptop, I even tried to purchase it as a gift to the account I normally play on and it told me the account was not authorized to receive gifts even though that account has not blocked any new users, is an adult account and should be able to receive gifts just fine.

When I tried to contact EA about the issue I opened multiple cases and got an email saying this:

We got your information about case xxxxx. We see what could be irregular activity, and we want to talk to you on the phone. 

Click here to go to EA Help and start a call. 

We’ll ask you to log in with your EA Account before calling. If you can’t log in to your account, get access to your case and set up a call here

Yet, when you click on one of the links to set up this phone call you get an error code saying that the link has been used or has expired, even if you click on the link right as the email arrives

I have tried to contact EA help on twitter too, and I have received nothing.

Basically I want to know if anyone has a way to contact EA, via an email address or phone number or a workaround solution for the purchasing of the game?

Any help would be much appreciated at this point 

Message 1 of 4 (393 Views)

Community Manager
@LaraBoonzaier So sorry to hear this! Where are you located?
EACade
Message 2 of 4 (377 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey!

I am located in Cape Town, South Africa Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@LaraBoonzaier Apologies for the delay, we have a dedicated line in South Africa at 0800014728.

EACade
Message 4 of 4 (314 Views)