Unable to Launch Steam Version of NFS Heat

by FireStingray

Original Post

Unable to Launch Steam Version of NFS Heat

★★★ Novice

I recently purchased the Steam Version of NFS Heat for my brother. After downloading and pressing play, the following message is shown: The game Need for Speed™ Heat Deluxe Edition does not appear to be installed. Please install it or try relaunching the game. 

I have tried the following:

• Deleting and redownloading the game
  • Clearing Origin's Cache
  • Uninstalling Origin and Reinstalling
  • Changing the origin game library location to the location steam installed NFS Heat at

Furthermore, I purchased the Steam version of Jedi: Fallen Order for my brother on release day. I was told that this game also had a similar problem with origin not recognizing the installation. However, this problem was solved by right clicking the box art on origin and using "Locate Game" and choosing the appropriate folder. What's strange is that this option is no longer available to any Steam purchased game. So currently, when I right click the box art for Jedi and NFS the option to Locate Game is completely missing. 

Additionally, today I purchased the Steam Version of Crysis 3 for myself using my steam account and origin account. For the record my brother and I have separate PCs, steam accounts, and origin accounts. I was able to download and launch the game without any problems. Interestingly "Locate Game" is also missing when I right click Crysis 3. 

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 36 (39,615 Views)

Re: Unable to Launch Steam Version of NFS Heat

Community Manager

Hey @FireStingray is this error appearing when launching the game from Steam?

Have you tried to verify the Steam installation and ensure that everything that should be there is there and is working as intended?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 36 (39,461 Views)

★★★ Novice

The error occurs whether I click play from Steam or from Origin. I have already tried verifying the game files as well. I have also tried deleting the game and initiating the download/install on Origin. Unfortunately, regardless of which launcher I use to start the download, Origin seems unable to recognize that the game is installed.  

It might be worth noting that Steam itself is installed on the C: Drive. I have tried the following combinations:

• Origin installed in D. NFS Heat installed in D
  • Origin installed in C. NFS Heat installed in D

Now it is possible that both the game and origin have to be installed in C for it to work. At the time it was too much of hassle to move files around to make room for the game in the C drive and check to see if this is the case.  

I feel like bringing back the "Locate Game" option is the solution to this problem. Again, it worked for Jedi Fallen Order. I don't understand why the option is now removed from Steam bought games.

For the record I have already refunded the game from steam and purchased them on Origin. I would still like a solution though since I'm interested in purchasing more EA titles but I prefer to own the games on steam. I like being able to use Steam's controller configuration and in-home streaming functionality. I realize I can add non-steam shortcuts but it doesn't always work cleanly.   

Thanks for responding

Message 3 of 36 (39,458 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko
Hi I have the same problem
I uploaded a video to YouTube with the problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcK1p8ictjs
Message 4 of 36 (39,437 Views)

★★★ Novice
@FireStingray Where is EA??????????????? My God, I have the same problem and there's no video saying what to do! They even don't answer us! I want my money back!
Message 5 of 36 (39,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, if seeing this issue can you try uninstalling Origin and then launching the game again from Steam and follow the steps to reinstall Origin.

Once done let me know how what happens. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 36 (39,041 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I've already refunded the steam version of the game on my brother's account. So I can't do anymore troubleshooting. In my previous posts I already noted that I have tried uninstalling Origin and the problem persisted. I've also tried both letting steam install origin and installing origin manually.
Message 7 of 36 (39,023 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko I am having the same issue. I have tried all of the above with no progress. I have also sat on a chat with EA support for a couple of hours trying different troubleshooting methods. They ended up saying that the issue was my computers fault and they could not help. Which is BS because I am not having this issue with any other game. Just NFS Heat and Origin. 

To answer your request specifically, when Origin is uninstalled, and then reinstalled, the same issue persists. 

Message 8 of 36 (37,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had the same issue, the following solved the issue for me:

Close the Origin client completely before starting the game from Steam for the first time. That way Steam can install whatever it needs to connect ther game to Origin.

You don't have to do this every time you start the game, just the firt time. It'll work fine with an open Origin client after the first start installed whatever it had to.

Message 9 of 36 (33,438 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @Gorzius.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 36 (33,408 Views)