Unable to Launch FIFA 21

by gamwtakoila

Original Post

Re: Unable to Launch FIFA 21

Community Manager

@MMaattuuss2008 

Got it, thanks! Do you have FIFA 21 installed on the same storage drive as the Origin client, or is it stored on a different drive? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 21 of 42 (687 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Yes, there's installed on the same drive. Btw. I could launch FIFA21 yesterday, after I logged into the PC with the admin account. But when I'm logged with my son's profile, Origin still can't launch FIFA21. Any idea on this? Thanks!
Message 22 of 42 (681 Views)

Community Manager

@MMaattuuss2008 

If you're able to launch it on your own Windows user account but not your son's it sounds like it's most likely a permissions issue in Windows. If you'd rather not add admin permissions to your son's account you can also try adjusting the UAC Settings to see if that helps as well. For more info on how to change them check out the EA Help website. Look for the section in that article titled Try lowering the User Access Control settings

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 23 of 42 (667 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Thanks for the tip, I tried both, adding admin permissions to my son's account and adjusting the UAC Settings to the lowest level but neither of them helped. I still can launch it only from my 'main' admin account. When I'm trying to launch when logged as my son, it launches only Origin which disappears after a while and nothing happens.
Message 24 of 42 (661 Views)

Community Manager

@MMaattuuss2008 

Hmm, gotcha. Can you also try fully uninstalling and reinstalling the Origin client to see if that makes any difference as well? If there's a problem with the client data that may help fix the issue. For more information on how to manually remove the Origin client check out the EA Help website. Look for the steps under the section titled How to uninstall the Origin client the hard way and give those a shot. 

Once the client has been removed you can then download the most recent version from the Origin website. Let me know how that goes once  you've had the chance to give it a try. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 25 of 42 (646 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi @EA_Kent , I've tried to uninstall Origin the hard way and re-install it from scratch but it didn't help either. Still the same problem. Thanks.
Message 26 of 42 (631 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @MMaattuuss2008

Can you test something for me when you've got a chance? What happens if you create a brand new admin user account in Windows and try launching FIFA 21 from there? I'm curious if this is strictly happening with your son's user account, or if any other Windows accounts would be affected the same way. 

For more details on how to set up a new admin user check out the Microsoft Support website. Let me know what happens once you've had the chance to give it a shot. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 27 of 42 (613 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi @EA_Kent,

Good tip! I created a new local user and I could launch FIFA21 from there, even without giving it admin rights. So I guess there must be some conflict between Origin and my son's MS account.
Message 28 of 42 (598 Views)

Community Manager

@MMaattuuss2008 

Thanks for following up! It does sound like there's an issue with that specific Windows user account. There may be something corrupted in the installation for that particular user. The easiest way to get around that would most likely be copying the files from the current user to the new one you created and have your son use that one. 

For more information on how to copy them over from the previous user check out the Microsoft Support website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 29 of 42 (585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem but when i press on FIFA 21 in Origin it puts the little tap listing the options PLAY , GAME SETTINGS , EXIT. When i press play nothing happens i have left it after pressing that for almost 20 minutes and still nothing has worked.

can you help me @EA_Kent 

Message 30 of 42 (505 Views)