Unable to Install Origin because MSVCP140.dll AND VCRUNTIME140.dll Missing

by msmarsupilamie

Original Post

Unable to Install Origin because MSVCP140.dll AND VCRUNTIME140.dll Missing

★★★ Newbie

I just purchased a laptop straight from the store, with Gremlins. I have already had to return it once because it somehow already had a username and password that halted the install process of Origin the first time. I brought it back to their technical support crew and they reset the laptop back to brand new. This second time, though... it isn't allowing me to at least install the installer, because it keeps annotating that MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll are both missing. This is the same laptop that allowed me to install it the first time, with the road block of the accounts that essentially had to be removed prior to continuing with installation. 

It is a Microsoft - Surface Laptop 3 - 15" Touch-Screen - AMD Ryzen™ 5 Surface Edition - 8GB Memory - 256GB SSD - Matte Black. 

I am not sure why I would be even missing these files with a brand new reset? Should I take it back and have them make it work properly or is it quite simple to "repair"?

Message 1 of 2 (362 Views)

Re: Unable to Install Origin because MSVCP140.dll AND VCRUNTIME140.dll Missing

@msmarsupilamie  Those files are part of the VC++ runtimes, which don't get installed in Windows unless a program needs them.  Origin needs them, and for some reason, it often can't install them.  But you can do so yourself.  Go here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

and download and install the x86 and x64 versions of the latest (2015-2019) visual C++ runtimes.  You can skip the ARM version, which is for a different class of device.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (336 Views)