UNLINK BANNED ACCOUNT FROM STEAM

by NutlnYourCheerio

Original Post

Accepted Solution

UNLINK BANNED ACCOUNT FROM STEAM

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I recently had a ban on an old EA account that was linked to my current Steam account. I have since come to terms with this ban & do not plan to get this ban removed. BUT, I would like to have my banned EA account either DELETED or UNLINKED from my Steam account. I have purchased other origin/EA games on Steam & currently am unable to play them since I cannot unlink my accounts. I have reached out to EA Support & been denied even the slightest bit of assistance 4 times, as well as attempting to message  EA_Miko after he shut down a previous forum post of mine requesting help & he also ignored my messages as well.. ALL I WANT IS MY ACCOUNT UNLINKED FROM MY STEAM. EA website states “You can unlink platform account from your EA account if you want to link them to a different EA account, as long as that EA account had never had the same account type linked to it before in its lifetime.” The EA TOS ALSO does NOT insist that my Steam account would be in purgatory if my EA account was banned. I am extremely upset with the way EA treats their customers.. MY ACCOUNT HAS NEVER BEEN LINKED TO ANOTHER STEAM ACCOUNT. I AM BEING DENIED SIMPLE SERVICE. 

Message 1 of 2 (19,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: UNLINK BANNED ACCOUNT FROM STEAM

Community Manager

Hey @NutlnYourCheerio our team would be unable to assist you in getting around a ban on your account.

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (19,008 Views)

All Replies

Re: UNLINK BANNED ACCOUNT FROM STEAM

Community Manager

Hey @NutlnYourCheerio our team would be unable to assist you in getting around a ban on your account.

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (19,009 Views)