Re: UI Blues

by EA_Darko

Original Post

UI Blues

★★★ Newbie

Well, here are Steam and Origin running side by side on my 4K display using an Nvidia RTX 2060.

I've read about how text is blurry for some at this resolution, but blurry doesn't really begin to describe this. Even if I jack up the zoom level, it's almost just as unreadable, it's just unreadable and also larger. You'd figure that a company that peddled games could get their heads around designing a workable UI for what's basically a glorified download and chat client. Unless I have some setting wrong - that's always possible too. Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (187 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try the following @markholley4  to see if it improves how Origin looks on your system.

Close Origin fully.

Go to the Origin install folder and right click origin.exe. Click property > compatibility > check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and set on the dropdown menu below "System"

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your reply, Darko.

I don't have that setting in so many words, but the attached JPG shows you which settings I do have for DPI. Will any of them work instead?

- Mark

Message 3 of 4 (156 Views)

Community Manager

You can try ticking the  DPI scaling overdrive option @markholley4 to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (135 Views)