Trying to download origin app

by GOATKNIGHTs

Original Post

Trying to download origin app

★★★ Newbie

So frustrated, can not install the origin app. I have seen other forums saying download something from microsoft which i have done numerous times and it still wont download. All i get is a loading page that keeps spinning then it just says 'error loading webpage' been trying for hours now!! Ready to give up any minute. I am not technical at all and i am working on a asus laptop, no idea what windows its running. 

Also spoke to EA (no help), looked on youtube, read other forums but they are all dated back in 2015! 

please help Frown

Message 1 of 4 (462 Views)

Re: Trying to download origin app

Community Manager

Hey @GOATKNIGHTs can you try to install the game from here to see if it works: https://www.dm.origin.com/download

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (446 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, running windows 10 latest drivers, Trend Security software allows Origin, ran as Administrator download worked, install runs event left all selections as default, accepted end user agreement and continued. Installer runs through task bar and says it is installing the latest version of origin. Installer closes and nothing further happens. Task Manager shows OriginThinSetupInternal(32 bit) process running approx 10% CPU. Waited now for 1/2 hour thinking it may be downloading something? Task Manager showing 0% network. Any ideas?

Message 3 of 4 (411 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @weebspi06, can you ensure that you are running Origin as administrator and that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (378 Views)