Re: Transferring to a different laptop

by SofaJockeyUK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Transferring to a different laptop

★★★ Newbie

Hiya,

I recently got a Mac and downloaded origin on it, but all of my purchase history seems to have vanished. There’s no record of any of my games, but they were working fine on my old windows device the other day. 

Ive seen online that people are suggesting to move the files onto the new device, but I don’t have a USB and would rather not do this method.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers. 

Message 1 of 3 (374 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@haylgils wrote:

Hiya,

I recently got a Mac and downloaded origin on it, but all of my purchase history seems to have vanished. There’s no record of any of my games, but they were working fine on my old windows device the other day. 

Ive seen online that people are suggesting to move the files onto the new device, but I don’t have a USB and would rather not do this method.

I'm pretty sure most games are not playable on Mac OS natively unless you additionally use Windows emulation software (and that might well be an imperfect solution).

That may also have messed with your history for games that are not playable.

The limited Mac compatible games include:

• The Sims 4,
  • Dragon Age 2,
  • Batman: Arkham City,
  • LEGO Harry Potter,
  • Simcity
  • a few others...

Awesome laptop, I love mine, but I also bought an Xbox.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (365 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@haylgils wrote:

Hiya,

I'm pretty sure most games are not playable on Mac OS natively unless you additionally use Windows emulation software (and that might well be an imperfect solution).

That may also have messed with your history for games that are not playable.

The limited Mac compatible games include:

• The Sims 4,
  • Dragon Age 2,
  • Batman: Arkham City,
  • LEGO Harry Potter,
  • Simcity
  • a few others...

Awesome laptop, I love mine, but I also bought an Xbox.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (366 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SofaJockeyUK hi . i have a same problem on my pc (windows 10)
i updated origin client and after of that , i can log in on my account , it said origin login is currently unaviailble . check my internet connection but its work true . and fortnite and steam(cs.go) work good .
so i uninstall origin and get latest version of origin from https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/download

but when i want to install the new version , have a new problem
it says : could not connect to origin services ,
and give me an error code : 14:-1

i disable all firewalls even delete eset . and see the topics in here , and try clean boot but it dosnt work yet . i try to use proxy and DNS address but inefficient .

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR I SHOULD FORGET IT AND THINK ABOUT APEX AGAIN ?????
Message 3 of 3 (319 Views)