Too many computers have accessed this account error Nvidia geforce now

by Itz_Mohzy

Original Post

Too many computers have accessed this account error Nvidia geforce now

★★ Novice

Hello i play in nvidia and there is an alert that says too many computers have accesed this account, i have searched the suggestions and the must usefull i saw was to wait 24 hours, but Ii like apex legends and i want to play more sessions of geforce now, also to play geforce now i need to acces to different servers, also with making the two factor authentication or with security code it says me the same thing, how do i and other users because i am sure other users have the same problem. Is there any solution??

Message 1 of 20 (2,864 Views)

Re: Too many computers have accessed this account error Nvidia geforce now

Community Manager

Hi @Itz_Mohzy

This is something we've seen reported with GeForce Now. We've forwarded up the feedback to the Origin team, but I'm afraid I haven't heard any details on if there are plans to change this in the future. 

We'll continue passing along these reports as they come through. Thanks for taking the time to write this up. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 20 (2,811 Views)

Re: Too many computers have accessed this account error Nvidia geforce now

★★ Novice

Hello! Thanks for you awnser, i hope they fix this problem 

Message 3 of 20 (2,786 Views)

Origin will not launch Apex Legends (Possibly more) on Geforce NOW

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This problem occurs when using repetitive separate sessions of Geforce NOW, logging into your Origin/EA account by the launcher, and then launching a game.

I believe this is due to Geforce NOW's feature that launches a virtual machine or "VM" for every session, which indicates it is a new computer (I do not believe there is a VPN within the VM, but this could also cause the problem). This is then triggering the Origin launcher's safety feature to prevent users using VPN's. This safety feature launches an error window stating

"Too many computers have accessed this account's version of DisplayName field missing from registry. recently. Please try again later."

(Within Apex Legends specifically, this error message appears after the easy anti-cheat loads)

This is technically good for security purposes, but usually in these scenarios a company can implement "Two-Factor Authentication" or "TFA" to bypass these security features. This is incase a somebody that is not the owner of the account tries to access it or the user decides to play a game through a VPN or Virtual Machine (like Geforce NOW).

EA/Origin, does implement this, but it does not allow the user through the security feature. The user is only able to access the account after waiting an unconfirmed amount of time, this is anywhere from 30 minutes to 24 hours. I have tested every two-factor feature, and no positive result, the only thing that prolongs this effect is clearing the remembered devices, and ensuring not to remember any more in the future within the EA Account Security tab.

After speaking to technical support, they stated that this security feature (TFA) was first implemented due to a user using a VPN while playing games, which they had then told me was against their terms of service. This is completely understandable, and needed if they truly believe that VPN's are not safe for their server.

In this case however, Geforce NOW, to my knowledge does not use a VPN, they use dedicated servers, in multiple regions within the United States and Europe. This is to ensure a fast connection for people in different regions which is relative to the server locations of whichever online game you are playing as well (why use a VPN?).

Essentially the main problem is;

When running a virtual machine like "Geforce Now"  the "Origin" launcher and possibly the "Easy-Anti Cheat", are not allowing the two-factor authentication feature to give full access to the owner of the account. This results in games not being allowed to launch, and subsequently prompted with and error window stating

"Too many computers have accessed this account's version of DisplayName field missing from registry. recently. Please try again later."

If a developer sees this, please contact me personally, I am genuinely not trying to point fingers, just trying to get a problem solved.

(^_^*)

Message 4 of 20 (2,864 Views)

Re: Origin will not launch Apex Legends (Possibly more) on Geforce NOW

Community Manager

Hey @o-MITTS-o when this issue occurs you will need to give it some time before you can play again.

I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 20 (2,835 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko I appreciate your reply, but I understand this is the case due to our accounts receiving temporary holds when this error occurs. Usually the lock time is between, 30 minutes to 24 hours.

Now are you talking about giving time for the error as a whole, and it will eventually stop, or for waiting after each time the error occurs?

This can be very frustrating not only for me but many people in my situation, as now I am spending money on games through your service, as well as Nvidia's, and as a result of this error, I am not able to play the times I want to (due to the lock being very extensive the majority of the time).

Sadly, this in hand almost feels a little controlling.

( ◡̀_◡́)
Message 6 of 20 (2,820 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @o-MITTS-o if you see this error then you need to give it some time before you can play again.

There is nothing more that we can add to this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 20 (2,787 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you,

I understand this already, as this is the result of an account being temporarily locked. But this wait time is way to long sometimes, and is very inconsistent, like I said 30 minutes to 24 hours.

This is also not a fix, so hopefully the team you sent my original post to finds a way to solve this, because it is a huge issue.

Frown

Message 8 of 20 (2,763 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko I also think it is a wrongful penalization... since there is nothing wrong being done, so no lock should be put in place for this...
Message 9 of 20 (2,762 Views)

Too many computers have accessed

★ Novice

"Too many comptuers have accessed this account's version of DisplayName field missing from registry. Please try again later."

This kind of thing sucks if you're playing Apex Legends on GeForce Now. How long am I going to have to wait before being able to play again? And is there a way to keep this from happening?

Message 10 of 20 (2,714 Views)