Re: Too Many Logins

by ShadowRanger24

Original Post

Too Many Logins

★ Novice

Since I've been using GeForce Now the GeForce Now streaming service, I've found that their VMs have not been saving my login information. They have released the service publicly now (out of Beta) and every time I want to play Apex Legends after my 1 hour play-time access I have needed to login again and again and again.

Because of this issue, I am now unable to play my EA games because I have logged in too many computers (Virtual Machines through their service). I would like a way to manage connected devices/computers so that I may forget a device on my account should this issue arise again in the future resume playing with an unrestricted daily login count.

I have contacted Technical Support on Nvidia GeForce Now about the login not being saved...but now I can't play any of my EA games. How many daily logins are allowed and what is the wait time before I can login again?

Message 1 of 11 (1,620 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dragonhart6505 from your post it would appear that the issue is directly related to your being logged out of and having to log back into GeForce Now.

The best thing to do is to speak with them and see if they can recommend any setting to improve the saving of your data and not log you out.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,603 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, as I said I am waiting for a response from them regarding this issue as it clearly is a fault from their side. However, as the login lockout is due to the processing of the amount of logins to the Origin service on my account, I thought I would bring it to the attention of the support staff here as well so I could be answered about the length of time I must wait until I can access my account again. Even on my local hardware, previously logged in, I am now unable to use the service further.

Nowhere have I found a restriction to the number of logins or device allowances to the EA Origin service. If there is any sort of allowance (and I'm not claiming there is) it should be more prominently displayed to users as a precautionary measure. I also would like to suggest log of devices users may access, as to be made more aware of the number of devices and simultaneous logins on a singular account and have management of them. This feature would provide more assurance in security to the user as they can keep a record of their devices logged in on their account and potentially deter sorts of theft or unsanctioned activity regarding their sensitive information. In the past year alone I have DOZENS of "Your security code is..." emails on my account that has 2-factor authentication active...meaning someone has had access to my username and the correct password. While 2fa has been effective in disallowing unauthorized users from accessing my account, being able to individually manage current or previously authorized devices would give myself and many MANY other users a little more piece of mind in their ability to rely on this service. It's just a suggestion I came up with, having such experience on other platforms and services. I'm not sure why more services don't offer this feature.

Thank you for your timely answer, though!

Message 3 of 11 (1,595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I can confirm that I have experienced this before, and have also tried contacting EA support regarding it, however they didn't seem to have an understanding of how the system works.

From my knowledge it is their backend security implementations in place which "throttles" logins. I am unsure of the thresholds or throttle duration of this system, though I assume it is dynamic based on different factors.

Would definitely be nice to have information clearly stated somewhere!

Message 4 of 11 (1,564 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dragonhart6505 I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 11 (1,551 Views)

★ Apprentice

Greetings all,

I can confirm that this works. For anyone using Geforce Now still receiving the 'Too many computers..." error, simply login to your EA account, navigate to "Security" tab and click on "Login Verification". Choose email, phone number etc.. EA will send you a verification code to your communication option of choice. Enter this code in the box. Once complete and verified, login through Geforce Now again with your account, it will ask you to verify again via your choice (Email, phone etc..) Enter the next code, and you should have no problems.

The issue is GeForce Now logs each session as a virtual computer in a different location each login, which Origin/EA flags as suspicious. No need to wait 24 hours with this method though Standard smile

Cheers

Message 6 of 11 (1,509 Views)

★ Apprentice
Greetings all,

I can confirm that this works. For anyone using Geforce Now still receiving the 'Too many computers..." error, simply login to your EA account, navigate to "Security" tab and click on "Login Verification". Choose email, phone number etc.. EA will send you a verification code to your communication option of choice. Enter this code in the box. Once complete and verified, login through Geforce Now again with your account, it will ask you to verify again via your choice (Email, phone etc..) Enter the next code, and you should have no problems.

The issue is GeForce Now logs each session as a virtual computer in a different location each login, which Origin/EA flags as suspicious. No need to wait 24 hours with this method though Standard smile

Cheers

Message 7 of 11 (1,510 Views)

★ Apprentice

Greetings all,

As a note: You will have to re-verify each login! this will not permanently fix the problem or allow you to fluidly pass through the Origin login process when playing Apex Legends. However, it is a temporary workaround. Also, it is possible you will have to occasionally login to your EA account, navigate to "security" and under trusted devices, choose remove trusted devices. EA/Origin, please fix this issue regarding GeForce Now compatibility.

Cheers

Message 8 of 11 (1,509 Views)

★★ Novice

Does not work

Message 9 of 11 (1,441 Views)

★★★ Novice

Excuse me, but where exactly is this matter now? Being locked out of my account on a daily basis is making me regret the money I paid.

Message 10 of 11 (1,112 Views)