Thinks game is open

by SugarMy123

Original Post

Thinks game is open

★★ Novice

The play button for Sims 4 is greyed out, so I tried to log out and re-log in to see if that would solve the issue but it says it can't log me out whilst Sims 4 is open. I checked the task manager and only origin is open. Is there a way to solve this?

Message 1 of 5 (597 Views)

Re: Thinks game is open

Community Manager

Sorry to see that your Origin is not working @SugarMy123, the best thing to try in this situation is to clear your Origin cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (584 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SugarMy123 did you manage to get this sorted?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Darko, it seemed to fix itself before so I didn't look back to this post. However, its done the same thing again. I've tried to repair but that's done nothing so I followed your steps and same thing nothing has changed. Not really sure where to go from here. I think this is an origin problem.

Message 4 of 5 (498 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SugarMy123, can you try accessing Origin using a different network or ISP to see if you continue to see the same issue?

If you can use your phone as a mobile hot-spot and connect using mobile data that would be great.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (429 Views)