Re: There is no option to download sims 4 again, only play

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

There is no option to download sims 4 again, only play

★★★ Newbie

I have been dealing with the origin problems and sims 4 issues on the mac.  I no longer have the sims game on here because i deleted it to reinstall.  My problem is that when i come back to download it, there is no orange option to download.  The only option is to play in origin.  After being taken back to the origin app, the sims download only says verifying files, but there arent any because i deleted them.  

Message 1 of 10 (1,573 Views)

Accepted Solution

@La510  That's a (partial) system report, not a dxdiag, which is a Windows thing.  But it does have the relevant information.

Please try running the Origin reset tool for macOS.  It clears out hidden library files that don't get deleted during the normal uninstall process.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't help, uninstall Origin manually, using these instructions:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

Create a new admin user account on your Mac, login to that account, download a fresh copy of Origin, and see whether it still thinks you have Sims 4 installed.  If it says Play rather than Download, let me know; we can run a Terminal command or two to try to find the residual files.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (1,529 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

@La510 

Clear the Origin Cache, that should fix the issue.

I can't remember off-hand, so you'll need to look it up on the Origin Help Pages (Google: How to clear Origin Client Cache).

Message 2 of 10 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@GENERALZOOL I have done that. I have spoken with 3 people over the phone. I have emailed the info a about my Mac, the dxdiag file, uninstall and reinstall of origin. I was just told that my case is helpless and that I've lost money by a representative because it's nothing he can do. This is horrible. Everything was working fine until an update from orgin. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Message 3 of 10 (1,555 Views)

@La510  How did you get a dxdiag report on a Mac?  I'd like to see it, if you still have whatever you sent.  You can attach it directly to a post.

I doubt your case is helpless; it's just a question of figuring out what residual data Origin is reading that makes it think the game is still installed.  You can also try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If Origin detects missing files, it should download them, although it doesn't always work.

Message 4 of 10 (1,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no right click option to repair anymore.  Thank you.  I appreciate you even trying to help.  I have uninstalled origin again.  That rep hurt my feelings and this is hurting my pockets.   These expansion packs are not cheap.  Here is the dxdiag report

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 4 GB

Boot ROM Version: 233.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.2f41

Serial Number (system): CPWL33Q6DTY3

Hardware UUID: AD27EA70-1B4D-538B-9463-704F293D8D21

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Message 5 of 10 (1,533 Views)

@La510  That's a (partial) system report, not a dxdiag, which is a Windows thing.  But it does have the relevant information.

Please try running the Origin reset tool for macOS.  It clears out hidden library files that don't get deleted during the normal uninstall process.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't help, uninstall Origin manually, using these instructions:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

Create a new admin user account on your Mac, login to that account, download a fresh copy of Origin, and see whether it still thinks you have Sims 4 installed.  If it says Play rather than Download, let me know; we can run a Terminal command or two to try to find the residual files.

Message 6 of 10 (1,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when I saved it and when I got the file Mac automatically saves it as that file. I followed the steps of representative told me to do to get it while on the phone with them period so I'm just confused all the way around. I've done all of these steps

Message 7 of 10 (1,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But I will try again it won't hurt maybe a miracle will happen lol

Message 8 of 10 (1,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well the miracle that happened was you responding to my post!!!!!  I found a hidden sims file while following the link you sent.  It did the trick.  

Message 9 of 10 (1,517 Views)

@La510  That's great to hear.  I'd be curious which Sims file you found, and where it was, if you remember.  At the very least, was it in the same location as one of the Origin files listed in the clean uninstall instructions?

Message 10 of 10 (1,495 Views)