The latest Origin update moves your games to Windows drive(GAMEBREAKING)

by KrudeGaming

Original Post

Re: The latest Origin update moves your games to Windows drive(GAMEBREAKING)

★★ Novice

Why do you have act like an *? They're looking into the issue so just answer the questions so we can get this stupid issue resolved. I agree that it's annoying, because it completely filled my Windows SSD last night, but mistakes happen (although, I'm not sure you miss something as bad as this).

Message 11 of 14 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yep, this happens to me as well. The update does not progress once it fills up the entire HDD space. The cancel installation does not even work.

I only have about 30gb remaining on my windows drive and plenty of my games drive. This update has effectively made origin unusable.

My internet is decently fast. so the best solution for me is probably to just uninstall/delete it completely. I imagine this has broken origin for thousands of people.

TEMP FIX: Delete your games, or at least enough games so they the rest will fit onto your C drive. This fixes the issue.

Message 12 of 14 (389 Views)

EA DICE Team

@AdmrlSpeedy @nutcrackr 

Hey there,

Despite Origin acting weird.. I hope you both had a good weekend.

Any chance that you are able to generate an Origin Error Report for us? We're still investigating, but have been unable to reproduce this so far. Here's how you do that: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/

If you can drop in the Report ID in this thread, we'll be good to go and test further.

Thank you,

Message 13 of 14 (346 Views)

★★ Novice

I submitted an error report, the ID is 107dbf67a01dc1a3.

To be honest, I'm not sure what exactly this is going to tell you guys (I know it sent my DxDiag report to you guys) that you don't already know.

To clarify exactly what is happening, I have Origin and my Origin games installed on a separate HDD (D drive) from Windows, and when I open Origin it simply gets stuck on the updating screen forever while it tries to copy all of my games from my D drive, to C:\ProgramData\Origin\SelfUpdate, which almost completely fills the drive and while this is happening, disk usage is pinned at 100% which causes my PC to absolutely crawl. I have two HDDs and two SSDs in my PC and if it matters at all, and all of my Origin games are on my D drive HDD, except for BF1, which is on my games SSD and I'm not sure if it's because of a lack of free space or some other reason, but it doesn't seem like Origin tries to copy BF1 to the C drive for whatever reason.

This is actually getting to be a bit stupid now and I find it hard to believe that only 3-4 of us are experiencing this issue and that you are unable to replicate it. My friend won't even bother opening Origin now until this is resolved because he assumes this will probably happen to him too.

Message 14 of 14 (312 Views)