The Sims 3 Expansion missing from launcher

by Necrons118

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Expansion missing from launcher

★★ Novice

I have most of the Sims 3 expacs, only ones I do not have are late night and university life. I have been playing just fine for a while but ambitions suddenly vanished from the launcher and I cannot use it.

I tried deleting and redowloading it as per an ea post, no dice. I have tried rebooting, reinstalling reopening etc and nothing works. Is there some way I could contact an ea employee who can deduce what the exact issue is and fix it for me/tell me how to fix it?

Message 1 of 8 (385 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Expansion missing from launcher

@Necrons118  You'll need to contact EA support to ask that a bad code be removed from your account.  Otherwise, you'll continue to be blocked from buying.  There's no way to remove the codes through Origin itself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (361 Views)

All Replies

@Necrons118  Of course you can contact someone from EA.  But first, you may want to try clearing Origin's cache, and if that doesn't help, uninstalling Origin "the hard way" and reinstalling.  Sometimes when a pack disappears from the launcher, that's all it takes.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If these steps don't help, it's usually a case of EA deactivating a pack tied to a bad code.  When you contact customer support, be sure to ask the rep to check whether your Ambitions code is still valid.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 2 of 8 (374 Views)

★★ Novice

Damn, does that mean I have to re-buy the code on Origin? I did buy it from a 3rd party at a cheap price and had no info that this could happen. I guess I will have to shell out three times what I paid for the packs I bought then :/

Message 3 of 8 (372 Views)

@Necrons118  Yes, that's probably what happened.  Cheap sites often sell bad codes, and sometimes it takes weeks or months for EA to get around to cancelling them.

Message 4 of 8 (370 Views)

★★ Novice

I do have one code I got from ebay over a year ago that is still fine, this code however I got maybe a bit over a week ago with 3 others. If they drop too I will re-buy them, my lesson is learned. Now I am glad I hadn't bought the last 2 packs so I wont have to re buy them also.

But ultimately, I would have bought them off origin if they were more reasonably priced. I only went to 3rd parties because I thought origin was charging too much.

Message 5 of 8 (368 Views)

@Necrons118  I know how you feel.  It's too bad you just missed the Origin sale, where all the expansion packs were 50% off.  You could also watch for Steam's summer sale, which usually features TS3 packs for around $5 each.  You'd need to rebuy the base game in Steam (also $5), but you could register the packs you bought in Origin.

Message 6 of 8 (366 Views)

★★ Novice

Question, how do I go about re-buying the expacs? There is only a buy as a gift option for them as it shows me as already having them. How do I purchase them again?

Message 7 of 8 (364 Views)

@Necrons118  You'll need to contact EA support to ask that a bad code be removed from your account.  Otherwise, you'll continue to be blocked from buying.  There's no way to remove the codes through Origin itself.

Message 8 of 8 (362 Views)