The Origin store is currently disabled because it was launced from ...

by MadUndertaker1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Origin store is currently disabled because it was launced from ...

★★★ Newbie

Hi, when Origin opens I get the message "The Origin store is currently disabled because it was launced from another application. Restart Origin to access the store". I´ve tried to restart Origin but no change. I bought Battlefield V on Steam but was forced to download and install Origin also, as a part of the purchase process. Now it seems there is some conflict between Steam and Origin and neither Origin nor Battlefield V working properly.

The Origin store is disabled but when I launch Battlefield from the game-launch-logo it seems it´s launched through both Steam and Origin. There is something major wrong with Battlefield and   I´m guessing it has something to do with this conflict between the platforms.

When I try to play single player, it first opens in the intro and I can follow the leader, up until I´m supposed to start the mission. After that the character can´t move. It can turn on the spot with the mouse but no other movement, can´t even aim or shoot.

I´ve tried restarting the computer, launching from Steam, launching from Origin, launching from logo (shortcut) but always the same. Neither Origin nor Battlefield working properly.

This is, to say the least, frustrading.

Help please.

Message 1 of 13 (8,482 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Origin store is currently disabled because it was launced from ...

★★★ Newbie
Message 2 of 13 (8,464 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Message 2 of 13 (8,465 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @MadUndertaker1.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 13 (8,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you fix this? I am having the same issue

Message 4 of 13 (8,230 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @LethalDyne can you ensure that you are running Origin as administrator and that you that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 13 (8,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. The game worked fine this morning, but now it just popps up a browser window. I tried rebooting, I only use the admin account, I tried granting admin rights, I closed all the apps with the task manager, I tried to log off and back on in Steam and Origin, I did the file check thinggie and tried to run it from Steam or Origin. No luck so far.

Message 6 of 13 (7,742 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @battletag20 did you try the steps I posted above?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 13 (7,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The origin store is currently disabled because it was launched from another application. Restart origin to access the store.

I followed all the steps you wrote, but today I am having the same problem. I bought the game on steam, but I cannot enter the game.

>>>My problem is solved

Message 8 of 13 (7,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I tried disabling the antivirus and the firewall and still no luck. The same applied when I closed every app manually or with a reboot and still no positive results.
After all troubleshooting failed, I had to uninstall the game altogether and reinstall it for the game to work.
Sadly this is a very slow process because of the large size. I like the game but if this happens again, I will not waste a whole afternoon waiting for the download.
Message 9 of 13 (7,593 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you solve it?, im having the exact same problem, its very frustrating

Message 10 of 13 (7,424 Views)