Re: The BFV icon disappeared the folder was still there but not the exe, I delet

by Marshennn

Original Post

The BFV icon disappeared the folder was still there but not the exe, I deleted

★ Novice

The BFV icon disappeared the folder was still there but not the exe, I deleted the folder and tried to load again but it only gets to 18% 

Just what is happening here and why is your support so lamentable Origin !

Message 1 of 5 (447 Views)

Re: The BFV icon disappeared the folder was still there but not the exe, I delet

★★★ Guide

Hi @Cpt_Dan_Dare try deleting the origin cache by following the steps given in this link:

Clear cache to fix problems with your games

Message 2 of 5 (433 Views)

★ Novice
@Marshennn I will give it a try... many thanks for response
Message 3 of 5 (424 Views)

★ Novice

is that all the Cache in the Origin directory?  included the folder Local ?

Message 4 of 5 (422 Views)

★ Novice

Cancelled all cache and it still stopped at 18% showing "19%" to play.... sigh!

BUT......

Had a brainwave... go back to restore point now that could be a problem as I thought I had never set one...but looking at the app there was one created the exact time the icon seemed to disappear... so I set this going and it restored... as soon as it finished Origin started to download BFV again so I thought it would stop at 18%... but there was no tab saying play point as there was before and it continue to load unroll 100% and finalised 

IT NOW WORKS... THAT'S HOURS AND HOURS OF FIDDLING 

I CREATED A NEW RESTORE POINT... 

MANY THANKS TO THOSE THAT TRIED TO HELP...IT'S REALLY APPRECIATED 

Message 5 of 5 (399 Views)