Re: Temporary Ban

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Temporary Ban

★★★ Novice

Hello,

A few days ago I noticed that my Battlefield V game account was banned from online services I then checked for the email and it turns out that it was several months ago so I wrote an email to EA asking why.  Now my account is temporarily banned.  I received a new message giving me options:

Hello,

As part of our efforts to help protect the security of your account, log in access to your EA account has been temporarily disabled. We have taken this step as we have detected suspicious activity on your account during on-going standard systems analysis. During this period you will not be able to log in to your EA account or the online portions of our games. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope you will understand that we are taking this action to better protect your personal data.

In order to regain access to your account, you will need to contact a Customer Service representative via http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/using chat or phone. As you will be unable to login, when prompted to do so please click the “Having trouble accessing your account” option in the lower right part of your screen.

Once our Customer Service team have confirmed you are the correct owner of the account, your account will be reactivated. Please understand that by doing this, we will ensure the security of your account, which is a priority to us.

For further information on how to keep your account safe please see the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-maintain-account-security/

We appreciate your patience and understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience our actions may have caused, however, the safety and security of our player’s accounts and personal information is of the utmost importance to us.

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service

I tried to regain access to my account by contacting a customer representative as it suggested using chat or phone.  Neither option exists anymore.  I even looked up EA's phone number online and it states that the phone does not work anymore and to use the website for help.  Every time I submit a ticket they respond with this same message.

Is there a link to a chat or a new phone number for me to access? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (1,986 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @shadowseercB.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,941 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I wrote to EA again and they replied with the same response.

"In order to regain access to your account, you will need to contact a Customer Service representative via http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/using chat or phone. As you will be unable to login, when prompted to do so please click the “Having trouble accessing your account” option in the lower right part of your screen.

Once our Customer Service team have confirmed you are the correct owner of the account, your account will be reactivated. Please understand that by doing this, we will ensure the security of your account, which is a priority to us."

How do I contact EA when they do not receive phone calls or use chat anymore to confirm who I am?  The  "Having trouble accessing your account" option is not on the screen either.

Message 2 of 3 (1,953 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @shadowseercB.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (1,942 Views)