TS4_x64.exe - System Error

by chelcie52

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

TS4_x64.exe - System Error

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I am having difficulty playing Sims 4 on my PC. It keeps giving me a TS4_x64.exe - System Error that states "the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." when I hit OK it then says "the code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I have tried the "repair" option and uninstalling and reinstalling and now it still says the error codes and will not fully download my games stating "Origin was denied access to the following file or folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\__Installer\DLC\GP08\__Installer\installerdata.xml_DiP_STAGED. This may be due to security restrictions or disk corruption. Check the folder permissions or check your disk for errors before retrying the download." I have spent a good deal of money on this game and the expansions.  Can someone please help?

Message 1 of 40 (47,821 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: TS4_x64.exe - System Error

Community Manager

Hey all, can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 40 (47,695 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@chelcie52 I have the exact same problem. Played the Sims4 just fine 2 nights ago. The next day November 14th, I went to play and there was an update. After update it said sorry can't play, you might need to uninstall. I tried the repair button but still nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled and went to bed while it did that. Woke up to it not installed all the way and now back to square one.

I'm thinking this must be an Origin problem? Have you found a solution yet?
Message 2 of 40 (47,754 Views)

★★ Novice
@chelcie52 Checked twitter and loads of people are having issues. Looks like the latest update/ the new expansion pack "Snowy Escape" has created problems with crashing or even people like us not being able to even enter the game. Sigh. Guess we have to wait for a new update around the 20th from EA. So stupid.
Message 3 of 40 (47,725 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 40 (47,696 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Downloaded both and had to wait for Origin to redownload a few expansion packs but ultimately did help. Am now able to play. Have not experienced a crash yet, but have not been on more than 5 minutes. Thanks.
Message 5 of 40 (47,662 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it's sorted @artisdead2.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 40 (47,628 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, I've downloaded files, do I put them somewhere specific or do I leave them in my downloads ?

Message 7 of 40 (47,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

leave them in your downloads just open them in your downloads and then click install

Message 8 of 40 (47,228 Views)

★★ Novice

So is it trying to install on my computer? My virus software is blocking the TS4_x64.exe...

I wasn't sure if I should let it or not..

THanks,

Kel

Message 9 of 40 (44,987 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kelz_cruze what is it saying when it is blocking the install?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 40 (44,926 Views)