Re: System Error: Cannot launch Sims 4

by missjnjranch

Original Post

★ Novice

hey, i saw this method an it helped remove the vcruntime message but after installing i am receiving the second message is there anything else i should try or should i reinstall origin again

Message 11 of 33 (1,436 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem, and tried that fix. Also tried uninstalling and re-installing, restarting, repairing, everything I could think of. Still no luck.

Message 12 of 33 (1,415 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@rainbowjetpack did you uninstall origin? lots with same issue an mine keeps exiting game about every 30 min., new update sucks
Message 13 of 33 (1,338 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko new update sucks i have to save every 15 min since it keeps exit out about every 30 min......i wont buy any more add ons
Message 14 of 33 (1,337 Views)

★ Novice

I did yeah, and even just opening origin I got the same error notifications pop up, and then again when I tried to open sims Frown

Message 15 of 33 (1,328 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@rainbowjetpack did you do what "darko" posted yesterday ...post #12
Message 16 of 33 (1,304 Views)

★ Novice
@missjnjranch I did, no luck so far
Message 17 of 33 (1,296 Views)

★ Apprentice

Before following @Darko's instructions, I had uninstalled and reinstalled both Origin and The Sims 4.  The solution worked for me as I'm not getting the error messages anymore.  But I also have to keep saving as the game keeps crashing and or freezing.  Why oh why, are the updates/new games always so problematic?  I'm sorry you're getting the error messages, hope you find a solution soon.<3

Message 18 of 33 (1,264 Views)

[ Edited ]

@franka44021  For the Sims 4 crashing issues, please use this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/t...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 19 of 33 (1,247 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Tried this and it still will not launch. Uninstalled Origin and reinstalled Sims 4 and all of the additional packs etc..., and still did not launch when pressing the play button.
Message 20 of 33 (1,241 Views)