Re: Syndicate (2012) Crashes on Launch

by ivrognard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Syndicate (2012) Crashes on Launch

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I recently bought  the game Syndicate during the sale and I installed it, however it constantly crashes on launch.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (15,185 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Update

Solved when running troubleshooting problems in Windows 10

Go to Syndicate.exe. > properties > compatibility > troubleshoot

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (19,445 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Update

Solved when running troubleshooting problems in Windows 10

Go to Syndicate.exe. > properties > compatibility > troubleshoot

Message 2 of 7 (19,446 Views)

Thanks for the update. Windows 10 has a lot of problems with the older games, plus they removed the support for certain protections that they've considered potential security risks. This is one of the main reasons of why i buy my older games from GOG. Unfortunately, their library, despite being relatively big, doesn't cover everything. EA is present there with quite a few of the old hits, but i still hope for more (Syndicate 2012, too).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 7 (15,156 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been going through my games and firing up some that I last played years ago, and Syndicate is my latest.

Initially I was having the same problem, but I solved it and thought I'd share my solution in case it helps others in the future.

The game was crashing on launch, but it loaded fine once I disconnected my second monitor. The other tips I've seen (compatibility with Windows 7, run it with admin permissions) didn't help at all. 

After that, it ran perfectly at 4K.

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 7 (4,849 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your fix @WolfRSA.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (4,832 Views)

★★★ Novice

I bought it today (I have win 10) and the problem is the same, the game won't launch.

I tried the solution you wrote but didn't work.

I also tried verify, reinstall, cache clear, launch as administrator, launch in other compatibility modes (win 7, win xp etc. I tried all) but nothing worked.

Is there any other thing I can do? I payed for it so I hope it will work or EA will pay me back than the money. Not a big money but it's so odd I pay for a game what won't launch and there is no working answer for it. I'm really angry.

Message 6 of 7 (2,898 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @paladgar, I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much information as possible.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (2,860 Views)