Stuck in Origin Customer Support Ticket Loop

by Neolagna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck in Origin Customer Support Ticket Loop

★ Novice

Hello everyone,

I've found myself stuck in a ticket loop of sorts. My original ticket was sent in because I could not log in to either Origin's Client (an error message saying sign in was not available, even though I could sign into other accounts), nor the origin website, but I could still login to the main EA website and its subsites, like the forums here and contact us. The only contact option I got was the option for emailing EA. I did so, and explained my issue, and in return got this email back:

Hello,

As part of our efforts to help protect the security of your account, log in access to your EA account has been temporarily disabled. We have taken this step as we have detected suspicious activity on your account during on-going standard systems analysis. During this period you will not be able to log in to your EA account or the online portions of our games. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope you will understand that we are taking this action to better protect your personal data.

In order to regain access to your account, you will need to contact a Customer Service representative via http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ using chat or phone. As you will be unable to login, when prompted to do so please click the “Having trouble accessing your account” option in the lower right part of your screen.

Once our Customer Service team have confirmed you are the correct owner of the account, your account will be reactivated. Please understand that by doing this, we will ensure the security of your account, which is a priority to us.

For further information on how to keep your account safe please see the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-maintain-account-security/

We appreciate your patience and understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience our actions may have caused, however, the safety and security of our player’s accounts and personal information is of the utmost importance to us.

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service

So, I followed the instructions to go to  http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/, however not only was I still logged in, but after signing out I could still log into my account. This presented the problem of being unable to follow the instructions of: As you will be unable to login, when prompted to do so please click the “Having trouble accessing your account” option in the lower right part of your screen.

The only options I had available to me, was to make a new ticket, or resume the current one as it had only been 'updated' not 'closed.' I attempted both, however both eventually came to only the same message:

It looks like your account, or the game account where you're trying to get help, broke our rules.

You can review the rules in our article.https://help.ea.com/en/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

Think your account was banned or suspended by mistake? We can create a case for you to get help with that instead.

Would you like to do that?

Which is confusing, because the email said I had a disabled account, and not be able to log in at all, but I can log in and the tickets default to the 'banned/suspended' message here which is not a part of the instructions listed in the email. And, I can still login to the EA website (still not origin client or website, the original issue is still there.) So, this being my only option, I followed the prompt to hit YES and make a new ticket, explained my inability to follow the instructions in the email because I am not getting any options to get a 'Contact Us' live chat or phone option.

In response to this ticket, I got the same exact email as the first ticket, and I have shown above. Thus, my stuck situation. Regardless if the account is temporarily disabled, banned, or suspended I'm physically unable to follow the instructions given to me in the first ticket regarding the origin issues, nor the ticket I was forced to make under the 'Banned or Suspended Account' context, because the instructions emailed back to me are the same in either case, ones i'm unable to follow. I'm not sure what to do from here.
Message 1 of 2 (282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck in Origin Customer Support Ticket Loop

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Neolagna.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (254 Views)

All Replies

Re: Stuck in Origin Customer Support Ticket Loop

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Neolagna.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (255 Views)