Stuck downloading latest version of origin

by simsrox76

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck downloading latest version of origin

★ Novice

Origin has been stuck on installing the latest version for hours. I called EA on the phone and followed all the steps, and I also followed all the troubleshooting steps they sent. I can't access any of my games and I can't even log in offline.

Message 1 of 15 (31,785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck downloading latest version of origin

Community Manager

@simsrox76 What you could try is taking a look at this help article and following the steps listed to see if they help: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

1. Try re-installing Origin:

1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Origin and uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windows button and type "UAC" in the search field. 
    3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
    4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window. 
    5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Install on the game you want). 
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 15 (31,782 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @simsrox76

Do you still experience the issue with updating Origin? Oops If yes, could you post your DxDiag report?

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 15 (31,693 Views)

Community Manager

@simsrox76 What you could try is taking a look at this help article and following the steps listed to see if they help: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

1. Try re-installing Origin:

2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Origin and uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windows button and type "UAC" in the search field. 
    3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
    4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window. 
    5. Open the Origin client and try installing again (click Install on the game you want). 
Darko.png
Message 3 of 15 (31,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

found a solution elsewhere that helped me out after trying all this, thought it might help some folks!

for some reason origin refuses to cooperate with any wacom tablet drivers running in the background?? weird as hell

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Trying-to-install-Origin-stuck-on-quot-installing-the...

Message 4 of 15 (26,762 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What do I do if I’m trying to install origin and it’s stuck on this I’ve literally tried everything

Message 5 of 15 (23,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

"HOLD UP! AN UPDATE IS REQUIRED.

The version of Origin you are using is no longer supported. Please update your operating system to Windows 7*, macOS 10.9 or newer in order to install the latest version of Origin and continue playing the games in your library."

* I have Windows 10 installed.

I went through that other thread, which suggested uninstalling my Wacom drivers. So I was sitting here unable to update Origin, unable to log in, unable to access my game library, with my *Wacom drivers uninstalled*, hitting a brick wall, and LIVID.

*Edit: Uninstalled Origin completely and reinstalled it and it seems to be working. hnnngh

Message 6 of 15 (18,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@BarcSsarc Yet another solution which was 1 NOT presented by Origin, and 2 not necessary, this is clearly an Origin issue (again, same with the stupid cache deleting bullcrap).

For one of the biggest gaming platforms out there, it's certainly one of the least functional. I prefer the Epic launcher - at least it WORKS!

[Admin - Removed]

Message 7 of 15 (17,765 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THIS!

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've tried literally everything and nothing has seemed to work previously! As soon as I ended all my wacom services in the background the app INSTANTLY started to work again! You are now my new favourite human!!!!! <3 

Message 8 of 15 (16,003 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your sharing. IT"S WORKKKKKKK

Message 9 of 15 (13,996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have this problem too, can you help me?... also not very good with tech so what is wacom?

Message 10 of 15 (12,381 Views)