Re: Starting Origin Crashes Windows

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Starting Origin Crashes Windows

★★★★★ Newbie

Dear Origin Support Team,

Since 30 days i experience a crash of windows everytime i start Origin.

After i double click on Origin, 5 secs later a windows "connecting to Origin" opens, another 2 seconds later, my Screen goes black, and the PC is shut down.

No blue screen, just shut down immediately like someone pulled the plug.

I already tried reboot, manual reinstall origin, clean boot, windows update, display driver update, start as admin, wait an hour before start, the symptom is always the same. Starting Origin crashes my PC.

I couldn't get more information, Windows Event Logging seems to write nothing (because immediate shutdown probably).

I can rule out almost any hardware damage, because beside that my PC runes fine.

One more thing, My Windows runs in a Virtual Machine, you are probably thinking now: Hey perfectly, lets close this ticket because we don't support Virtual Machines, but i kindly ask you to atleast look into that problem.

It's highly extraordinary and might also appear to normal Origin users or indicate another bug the origin software has.

I also couldn't generate an error report from your Origin Error reporter executable, it crashed while collecting system information.
But i am willing to help you resolving the problem or giving developer access to the pc if needed.

Have a nice day, you might be my lifesaver Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (319 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Darko,

thanks for your help. I did lose interest the last weeks, sorry for not answering.

I just found out that windows also crashes in certain games.

After a bit of research i found out that the problem seems to be in the virtualization software (kvm) sorry again.

For others having the same problem.

Make a Copy of your VM and the settings.

They try to remove as much features in 'virsh edit windows10vm' as possible, make sure to not have your CPU host-passthrough, and Origin starts.

If that doesnt work, just create a new VM (i did it with virt-manager) and imported the HDD as it was (choose Q35 as Firmware) and it worked to.

I also had a problem when booting a windows installation iso. The problem is not only to origin.

Have a nice day!

mac-2013

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (274 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @mac-2013.

Do you ever have any issues with any other programs or is it solely Origin that you are unable to run?

Can you grab us a DxDiag as the more info we have the better we can help: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (300 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Darko,

thanks for your help. I did lose interest the last weeks, sorry for not answering.

I just found out that windows also crashes in certain games.

After a bit of research i found out that the problem seems to be in the virtualization software (kvm) sorry again.

For others having the same problem.

Make a Copy of your VM and the settings.

They try to remove as much features in 'virsh edit windows10vm' as possible, make sure to not have your CPU host-passthrough, and Origin starts.

If that doesnt work, just create a new VM (i did it with virt-manager) and imported the HDD as it was (choose Q35 as Firmware) and it worked to.

I also had a problem when booting a windows installation iso. The problem is not only to origin.

Have a nice day!

mac-2013

Message 3 of 4 (275 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it fixed @mac-2013.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (218 Views)