Star Wars Squadrons - Some missions unavailable while install is in progress

by jennifermcm1

Original Post

Re: Star Wars Squadrons - Some missions unavailable while install is in progress

★ Novice
@jennifermcm1 Okay, thank you for your help. I try it later but its sounds plausible Standard smile
Message 41 of 44 (605 Views)

Re: Star Wars Squadrons - Some missions unavailable while install is in progress

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Opening ports or disabling your routers firewall is NOT good advice, especially without a hint to revert the changes after making them. Port 80 and 443 are also definitely not used by the game, they're the ports for HTTP and HTTPS.

Recommending people to turn off security features on their device that should have no impact on any game is careless at best. Even more stupid is the advice to disable UAC...

@EA_Darko wrote:

You can also try lowering the User Access Control settings:

1. Close the Origin client. 
  2. Click the Windows button and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Okay the bottom of the window. 
  5. Launch Origin 

If anyone is going over this post as I am now, DON'T do this. And if you did it, revert all changes immediately.

UAC exists for a reason and that reason is, again, security.

Origin and the game should not have to be run as administrator and an administrator account should not be needed to play the game.

These recommendations made by a "Community Manager" are not only not helping at all, they're dangerous for people looking for help here.

I shouldn't be surprised, considering this is the EA forum and we all know of EAs reputation but this is a new low.

Message 42 of 44 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DerKleineLeo

LOL, I totally agree with you. Not to mention running the game or a PC as Admin all the time is stupid and bad security as well. That's a good way for viruses, malware, trojans, hackers, etc.. to do whatever with your PC. Doesn't these EA programmers know that apps/games can be installed through local user accounts and installed by entering admin password only when needed.

Never had issues before installing Sims or repairing before when running it that way.

Message 43 of 44 (538 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your support !! I had the same issue and it was also this service, which was blocking the entire game !

Message 44 of 44 (380 Views)