Spa Day Download Fail

by QuinnRenee

Original Post

Spa Day Download Fail

★★★★ Novice

I am having issues trying to download Spa Day for the Sims 4 on my Mac. I have been running Sims and many packs perfectly fine for weeks. Today I purchased two packs and my game started acting strange. One eventually downloaded but I have not been able to get Spa Day to download. I keep getting a failed message with error code 196613:206

Here is everything I have tried after hours of chatting with EA Help and reading through forums

- Resetting Origin through the Origin Mac reset guide

- restarting computer

- logging out / restarting origin

- clearing Origin Cache

- Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin

- Uninstalling and reinstalling Sims through origin (Somehow all my game data was still there though?)

- Doing a safe boot and trying to download the pack

- Turning off firewall, resetting proxies

- My Mac gatekeeper is set to allow downloads from verified developers (that is the only option I have besides only Apple downloads)

- Repairing the Sims game through Origin

When I go into my game everything is there and the game works normally... It just says I need to download spa day to play. After I reset Origin my client was stuck "verifying game files" for every pack I have every time I launched Origin and it took me forever to get that fixed... It is no longer verifying game files at start up but I still can't get Spa Day to download!

Message 2 of 33 (1,795 Views)

Spa Day Expansion Pack Won't Download - DiP STAGED Files

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am having issues trying to download Spa Day for the Sims 4 on my Mac. I have been running Sims and many packs perfectly fine for weeks. Today I purchased two packs and my game started acting strange. One eventually downloaded but I have not been able to get Spa Day to download. I keep getting a failed message with error code 196613:206

Here is everything I have tried after hours of chatting with EA Help and reading through forums

- Resetting Origin through the Origin Mac reset guide

- restarting computer

- logging out / restarting origin

- clearing Origin Cache

- Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin

- Uninstalling and reinstalling Sims through origin (Somehow all my game data was still there though?)

- Doing a safe boot and trying to download the pack

- Turning off firewall, resetting proxies

- My Mac gatekeeper is set to allow downloads from verified developers (that is the only option I have besides only Apple downloads)

- Repairing the Sims game through Origin

When I go into my game everything is there and the game works normally... It just says I need to download spa day to play. After I reset Origin my client was stuck "verifying game files" for every pack I have every time I launched Origin and it took me forever to get that fixed... It is no longer verifying game files at start up but I still can't get Spa Day to download!

Message 1 of 33 (1,786 Views)

Re: Spa Day Download Fail

@QuinnRenee

Thanks for listing everything you've tried, it's so helpful Standard smile

Which version of macOS are you running?

In your Applications folder, where the Sims 4 app is, there should also be a Sims 4 Packs folder. Does it have any files or folders within it?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 33 (1,748 Views)

Re: Spa Day Download Failed

Community Manager

Hey @QuinnRenee this error is not related to Origin but rather to a network issue.

The best thing to do is to take a couple of minutes and try the following steps:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 2990

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 33 (1,779 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Thank you for replying!

I am running Catalina on my Macbook Air (2015).

I do have a sims 4 pack folder.. Not sure which folder corresponds with the Spa Day pack? Here is what I see in the packs folder and if I show the contents on my Sims app.

If you have any ideas please let me know it is driving me crazy!

Message 5 of 33 (1,712 Views)

@QuinnRenee 

GP02 is Spa Day and I see a folder for it in the Sims 4 Packs folder. What is in the folder and how does it compare to one of the other GP folders?

This is my GP02 folder contents:

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 18.44.03.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 33 (1,696 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflorathe end of every file said dip staged. The installer I found for it also said dip staged. I went ahead and moved the folder to trash and thinking I might be able to just start over but I still can't download Frown in Origin it just is stuck "preparing"

Hoping I didn't make things worse by deleting those folders? There is no longer a GP02 in my packs folder. Should I try resetting Origin again?

Message 7 of 33 (1,688 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I rest origin and repaired my game, still no luck Frown
Message 8 of 33 (1,662 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Not sure if this is related - but I have to turn off automatic game updates in origin, otherwise it is constantly stuck "verifying game files" for every expansion pack even though I know they are all up to date. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game already through Origin, but I did not delete the pack folder.
Message 9 of 33 (1,621 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora Tried to delete everything and reinstall but it happened again

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 2.30.36 PM.png

Message 10 of 33 (1,585 Views)