Something for Origin to learn from Battlenet

by TJ400000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Something for Origin to learn from Battlenet

★★★ Guide

Today 2019.5.9 there is this issue in Blizzard's Hearthstone and there is immediately a notice in Battlenet showing Blizzard is aware of the issue and is working on it.

Just something Origin should learn from.

There are frequent issue in Origin with downloading, and not working.

And there is never any notice available.

Never a notice system that could make players feel the gaming company EA is connected to the players.

2019.5.9 Battlenet.png

Message 1 of 6 (572 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Something for Origin to learn from Battlenet

Community Manager

Hey @TJ400000 generally if there is an issue that we are aware of a notice will be put up across the AHQ banner letting you know that there are issues. Similarly, EA websites such as help.ea.com and ea.com will have notifications and further information as to the issue.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (552 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @TJ400000 generally if there is an issue that we are aware of a notice will be put up across the AHQ banner letting you know that there are issues. Similarly, EA websites such as help.ea.com and ea.com will have notifications and further information as to the issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (553 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Darko 

Hi Darko, thanks for the reply but I just didn't see any notice in Origin.

Besides it has been quite bumpy since the start.

There have always been downloading issue, reinstalling issue, server lagging issue etc.

Just felt that Origin didn't quite fit the Windows 10 system as nicely as Battlenet.

Message 3 of 6 (518 Views)

Community Manager

I have to say that it is rare that there are issues with Origin @TJ400000

If you are seeing consistent issues with downloading, installing and lagging then this would most likely point to system issues. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (511 Views)

EA DICE Team

@EA_Darko  @TJ400000 

Having outage notifications for client / games in Origin is definitely good feedback though. It's been forwarded to the team. This is not a promise, but it's something we'd love to put in for sure.

Message 5 of 6 (503 Views)

★★★ Guide

Well, yes, it is rare for someone stating there is an issue with Origin.

I mean, how many players from China who had used Blizzard's Battlenet then tried Origin from EA would actually say something on the official forum.

Maybe I am the only one.

And for what I have known is there are various " common " issue with the Origin App by Chinese players.

So yes it is rare, for someone really speak it out on EA's official forum.

Message 6 of 6 (498 Views)