Solved: Origin "Could not connect to Internet" issue.

by wrick3000

Original Post

Re: Solved: Origin "Could not connect to Internet" issue.

★★★ Newbie

I still have an issue with mine. I have done ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING and it STILL won't work!!!!!!! I have:

Flushed the DNS

Put the whoop.cer file into the certificate folder.

And everything else it tells you to do!

Please help me!!!

@brano2345 wrote:

ok so EA support sucks at helping with this issue.  (just needed to get that out) after many days of frustration i found a solution for myself. after reading many forums and watching youtube and none of those long and complex methods working i finally got it.  i am running windows 10 and it turns out my problem was my antivirus bitdefender so i uninstalled it and now just running the virus protec that comes with windows 10 witch works good. it seems like a lot of antivirus programs affect the connectivity of the app, so try uninstalling your antivirus and test run the app

Message 11 of 16 (2,968 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi.

I was experiencing this issue for years, three or four times I guess, practically since SW 2015 was released. I tried everything and only reinstalling Windows was the solution, but now, after an "origin update" using a totally new rig, ISP, router, etc; happened again. Origin connects, I am online, but no game from my library is capable to connect. I didn't wanted to face all this issues again, less to ask support to Origin, so I leave it and started to play games only from Steam, Uplay, Epic, etc. Even I bought SW SQUADRONS from steam.

But wait; here comes the unthinkable... I was testing the way my Microsoft One Drive account works when no network devices exists, so I uninstalled It from Device Manager. Then I reinstalled It again, of course after finishing the tests. It is funny, but just by pure luck I opened Origin and started SW Battlefront. It loaded very fast, everything was normal and working properly, with fonts text and all data. Immediately I went to my old computer, only to verify that there may be the solution I tried there and the issue was the same, no fonts no connection, slow loading. I uninstalled and reinstalled the network devices in my old rig, as I did before in my current rig. And there I was, all my games working fine in all the devices.

I hope this could help to somebody else, not only in SW Battlefront, but in any other Origin game.

Message 12 of 16 (2,761 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,  I had the same problem with the "forced" Origin update.  Running Win 10 Pro X64 with no firewall or third party antivirus software.  Found that Win 10 by default runs "Microsoft Defender Antivirus" which apparently was blocking the update application.  Solution was to add an exclusion.  Found this under: Windows Security/Virus & threat protection settings(select manage settings)/Exclusions(select Add or remove exclusions). Select Add an exclusion/Select Process/ Type UpdateTool.exe/ Select Add.  Works fine now.

Message 13 of 16 (2,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@wrick3000 I am suffering from such a situation, help me
Message 14 of 16 (2,346 Views)

Re: Origin "Could not connect to Internet" issue.

★ Novice

I've been trying to fix this issue for days now.. My problem was with the certificates. Check if you have any invalid certificate (right click on Origin.exe or OriginSetup.exe/OriginThinSetup -> Digital Signatures -> Click on the signature that shows up and "Details". If the digital signature is invalid or corrupted click "View Certificate" -> "Certification Path". Download (the name of the signature that is corrupted (should have a red X on the icon) and install it. For me it was the middle one (symantec class 3 sha256 code signing ca: https://www.tbs-certificates.co.uk/FAQ/en/Symantec_Class3_SHA256_code.html) and make sure when you install it you put it in the Intermediate Certification Authorities). This worked for me and I hope it works for you too!

Message 15 of 16 (1,835 Views)

Re: Origin "Could not connect to Internet" issue.

Community Manager
@o0GriFith0o
Thanks for letting us know what did the trick for you! Since this initial thread is fairly old I'm going to lock it down to prevent necro-posting, thanks!
Mako.png
Message 16 of 16 (1,779 Views)