Re: Origin "Could not connect to Internet" issue.

by wrick3000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Solved: Origin "Could not connect to Internet" issue.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi EA,

I have a problem with Origin after I updated it to 10.4.12.59996 in Windows 7 SP 1. Till yesterday I have been playing offline without any issues with the Origin, but after I updated Origin, so that I can play FUT in FIFA 17, it is popping up the following message:-

It is very frustrating because I tried out everything that has been suggested previously in EA Forums but nothing is working:-
1. Internet is fine

2. I use Kaspersky and I have checked its firewall for port forwarding and application blockage.

3. I have added Origin to firewall exception list.

4. Installed/Reinstalled Origin after I cleaned up with CCleaner.

5. Even tried old Origin Standalone setup from File Hippo but still in vain.

6. Made sure Date/Time is correct on my PC.

7. I have cleared Origin Cache

8. I have reset the Windows Host file

9. I have flushed DNS

10. I also tried Clean Boot with Network option turned on.

Kindly advice any work around if possible. It is delaying my pre-order for FIFA18 because I am unsure whether I can play it or not.

Message 1 of 16 (45,763 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

Solved the Problem

Hi guys,

I solved the issue that was causing the Origin to pop up "Could not connect to Internet".

I tried everything that I found in the internet regarding this issue, but all was in vain.

Then I went inside the location "C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs" and opened the "Bootstrapper_Log.txt" to find that the Digital Signature for "Origin.exe" and "OriginClient.dll" is the culprit.

Due to some reason, the Digital Signature is showing that the Countersigned certificate is invalid in both "Origin.exe" and "OriginClient.dll".

So I imported the "VeriSign Universal Root Certification Authority" (which I exported from another PC) under the "Trusted Root Certification Authority" and viola.

Origin works like a charm now.

View in thread

Message 3 of 16 (46,937 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Update to the previous scenario

I went back and installed the Origin version 10.4.10.46586 and now I am greeted with the below window as I should be:-

But now when I click "Don't update and use Origin in offline mode" it is again giving me the same below error:-

I am clueless and frustrated down to the core. Please help me.

Message 2 of 16 (45,677 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Solved the Problem

Hi guys,

I solved the issue that was causing the Origin to pop up "Could not connect to Internet".

I tried everything that I found in the internet regarding this issue, but all was in vain.

Then I went inside the location "C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs" and opened the "Bootstrapper_Log.txt" to find that the Digital Signature for "Origin.exe" and "OriginClient.dll" is the culprit.

Due to some reason, the Digital Signature is showing that the Countersigned certificate is invalid in both "Origin.exe" and "OriginClient.dll".

So I imported the "VeriSign Universal Root Certification Authority" (which I exported from another PC) under the "Trusted Root Certification Authority" and viola.

Origin works like a charm now.

Message 3 of 16 (46,938 Views)

★★ Novice
Could you please tell me (In English) what this means? I'm not too good with computers...
Message 4 of 16 (44,905 Views)

Message 5 of 16 (43,459 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU!  Worked for me!

Message 6 of 16 (42,809 Views)

Re: Solved: Origin "Could not connect to Internet" issue.

★ Novice

ok so EA support sucks at helping with this issue.  (just needed to get that out) after many days of frustration i found a solution for myself. after reading many forums and watching youtube and none of those long and complex methods working i finally got it.  i am running windows 10 and it turns out my problem was my antivirus bitdefender so i uninstalled it and now just running the virus protec that comes with windows 10 witch works good. it seems like a lot of antivirus programs affect the connectivity of the app, so try uninstalling your antivirus and test run the app

Message 7 of 16 (41,213 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you! It worked on my computer! Now I can play the sims 4.

To approve a single suggestion, mouse over it and click "✔"
Click the bubble to approve all of its suggestions.
Message 8 of 16 (41,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

how do you import certificate i try the link of the video youtube  woop.cer not working https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtQpO-c4TY0&feature=youtu.be

Message 9 of 16 (32,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I tried but still it doesn't work Frown

I also uninstalled origin, so now it doesn't reinstall anymore. Not cool. I play The sims 4, wich is a damn expensive game!

It's driving me crazy because I had the same issue on my mother's PC (same OS, Windows 10) but I could access the app but not the game, so I logged out, then loggen in again and it worked!

I don't understand why it's not working on my PC.

I couldn't entrer Origin app, I just get the error message.

Message 10 of 16 (28,341 Views)