Slow updating/downloading patch files for The Sims 4

by 3mpyre4n

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Slow updating/downloading patch files for The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

After uninstalling and re-installing Origin, my The Sims 4, is still super slow when updating the patch files. It got halfway through downloading the recent patch update (428.14 MB) before it got stuck saying "0h 0m 0s remaining" for hours. Some of expansion packs are over a few GB, but those only took a few minutes to update.

I already cleared the cache and did a clean boot, it didn't work. The game has been updating since yesterday.

Edit: It's working now, origin was detecting sims 4 installed on another drive instead of the C drive. The download was quick too.

Message 1 of 11 (5,436 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Slow updating/downloading patch files for The Sims 4

Community Manager

Hey @3mpyre4n

Is the download still getting stuck in the same place? Did you install Origin to a different storage drive than where it was installed previously, or is it on the same drive? 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (5,393 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @3mpyre4n

Is the download still getting stuck in the same place? Did you install Origin to a different storage drive than where it was installed previously, or is it on the same drive? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 11 (5,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_KentYes, it's still stuck in it's place. It somehow went from patching files to updating. Afterwards, it went back to patching files.

And yes, I'm the on same storage drive. I had the original Origin which was working normally until last Friday (after the servers were back online).
I'm now using Origin Thin, but that wasn't any better.

Message 3 of 11 (5,389 Views)

Community Manager

@3mpyre4n 

Gotcha, thanks!

Can you try fully removing and reinstalling the Origin client to see if that makes any difference at all? To manually remove the client data from your computer follow the steps under How to Uninstall Origin the Hard Way on the following article: 

Uninstall the Origin Client

Once the client has been removed you can then download the newest version from the Origin website. Let me know if you're still running into the same issue with The Sims 4 after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 11 (5,362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to do that, the same thing still happened

Message 5 of 11 (4,358 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

im having the same problem with slow download to updates and added content. nothing seems to help. is it you servers?

Message 6 of 11 (2,760 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

do you think its the origin internet causing the download issue. most servers that are routed or from Chicago based severs are very slow and need updated. wondering if this is the issue?

Message 7 of 11 (2,758 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

it seems to just stop downloading after about a minute of download from 4 mb to 0 kb. and it just sits till il restart origin. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,757 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i just dont understand, i have 1 gb service, i get a excellent latency at 15. Your servers should be pushing a high volume or others are taking presidence on downloading and pushing basic newbies aside maybe? Just saying

Message 9 of 11 (2,750 Views)

★★★ Novice
@3mpyre4n How did you resolve that?
Message 10 of 11 (2,117 Views)