Re: Slow Download on Origin

by MidnightL0st

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Slow Download on Origin

★★ Apprentice

So recently been experience severe slow download speeds on Origin.

My current ISP package gives me around 30MBps (300Mbps), but lately when trying to download or update a game title on Origin, I have been reduced to only 600KBps to 800KBps.

To insure it is not an issue with my current network, I downloaded games on Steam, Epic Games Launcher, and Uplay. All 3 downloading games at 30MBps.

I have attempted other work arounds. Having only Origin open, opening Origin in Admin mode and so fourth, but still only receiving the above mentioned 600-800KBps.

Message 1 of 5 (585 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

If you are experiencing issues with slow download @MidnightL0st can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (549 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

If you are experiencing issues with slow download @MidnightL0st can you try the following steps please:

• Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
  • Temporarily disconnect all other devices that you don't need from your network
  • Use a wired connection
  • Make sure Origin is accepted in your anti-virus and firewall
  • You can also try using Safe Mode Downloading via Origin which is under Application Settings, Advanced

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (550 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
All steps do not increase my download speeds. Origin is the only application with less than 10mb/s download speed.
Message 3 of 5 (490 Views)

★★ Apprentice

As of this week, my download speed returned back to normal, giving me my full download speed back.

I can only assume that there was a hiccup in the Origin servers, as only Origin was affected in it's download speed, but fixed now so I am happy.

Message 4 of 5 (482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Download speeds are still terrible, getting 3mbps at a max.

I tried all the "solutions" i found on here but nothing worked, really bad deal Origin

Message 5 of 5 (400 Views)