Slay The Spire crash on launch

by coco009876

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Slay The Spire crash on launch

★★ Novice

Slay the Spire crashes on launch every time I try to open it, i tried to look and the best thing i could find was this crash report but i cant tell anything, some help pls

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 19 (7,674 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Slay The Spire crash on launch

★★ Novice

I had the same problem and tried everything you did as well, but I was able to get it to work after disabling the Origin In-Game Overlay in the game properties for Slay the Spire. Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 17 of 19 (9,274 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @coco009876

Are you getting any error messages at all when the game crashes? Also, would you be able to grab a DxDiag so we can take a look? 

For more info on how to pull up a DxDiag check out the EA Help site. Once you have the file you can attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 19 (7,657 Views)

★★ Novice

None error message at all, just crashes. Here is the dxdiag.

Message 3 of 19 (7,652 Views)

Community Manager

@coco009876 

Got it, thanks! Let's see if we can help get this fixed here. 

First, have you had a chance to try repairing the game in Origin to see if that helps? If you right-click on Slay the Spire in your Library you should see a Repair option in the menu when it comes up. Let me know if that makes a difference at all. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 19 (7,593 Views)

★★ Novice

First thing I tried was reapair, and several times including restarting the computer and resintaling the game and origin, but none of that worked, so probably is a configuration problem

Message 5 of 19 (7,574 Views)

Community Manager

@coco009876 wrote:

First thing I tried was reapair, and several times including restarting the computer and resintaling the game and origin, but none of that worked, so probably is a configuration problem

Got it, thanks for the details. When you have a chance can you try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC to see if it allows you to launch the game that way? If there's something else running on your PC that's causing the crashes it might help get around it.

For more info on how you can set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 19 (7,567 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, the game at least started in black screen but some seconds later it crashes. If it helps ill include the last crash report.

Pd: While doing the clean boot my antivirus program (ESET internet security) was the only one who didnt let me disable for the clean boot.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 7 of 19 (7,530 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for giving it a shot. 

Can you try something else for me? What happens if you set up a new admin user in Windows and try launching the game through that account? Is it able to start up, or does it also crash right after it tries to launch? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 19 (7,511 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried that and what happened was the game starts, black screen for some seconds and then crashes

Message 9 of 19 (7,484 Views)

Community Manager

@coco009876 

Hmm, thanks for giving it a shot. 

Have you checked to see if there might be any Windows updates that need to be installed? You can find more details on how to check over at the Microsoft Support website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 19 (7,476 Views)