Re: Sims4 Installation

by ShutUpHG

Original Post

Sims4 Installation

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to install SIms4 on a new computer. I have the disc, it autoruns and installs Origin, which then says "Folder does not exist". sooo...  ??!!!

I'm guessing here but perhaps it's trying to find the game installation folder... before it's actually installed it ? which is pretty stupid. 

Message 1 of 4 (394 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @veedub565.

Have you tried just downloading and installing the game through Origin rather then using the discs, if not can you try that please.

When you see the error do you have the option to select another folder, if so are you able to select the install folder?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin forces you to download it by default, although I have the disc it never gives you the option to install from the disc, only download. 

When I see the error I do get the option to select a folder, but firstly why would I know where the correct location is. And secondly if it's installing the game, it should be creating the folders, not me. 

I should add I previously had this game installed on another computer, there was no issues with the installation at all. I'm guessing when I log in to Origin during the install process it sees that I have a game in progress and it is assuming it's already installed, when this isn't the case (not on this new PC anyway) 

Message 3 of 4 (352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same issue. I try to select the default folder and it won't work. 

Message 4 of 4 (306 Views)