Sims game won’t load

by nikkinicole613

Original Post

Sims game won’t load

★ Novice

I have repaired uninstalled reinstalled cleared my cache and my game will not play. It has been like this for a year now and when I try and contact EA or origin I get calls from the United Kingdom at all times of the evening after 9pm. All I would like to do is be able to play the sims. I paid too much money to not be able to play and not be able to get help when I need it to fix what’s the issue is!

Message 1 of 7 (479 Views)

Re: Sims game won’t load

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to install it, but it tells me I have to be online to sign in for the first time. However, I am online and whenever I log in through Chrome, I have no problems logging in. It won't let me install until I sign in. 

Message 2 of 7 (466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't get into my game either.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired, everything!!  I get the Origin screen to come up, try to click on the SIms 4 to start playing and it wont open.  Any ideas??

thank you!!

Message 3 of 7 (449 Views)

@nikkinicole613  What happens when you try to load the game?  Do you see any error codes, and if so, what do they say?  It would be helpful to see a screenshot.

@nikkinicole613 and @ShellBell1169  Try moving your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and see whether the game launches.  Let me know either way.  If it doesn't, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

@wickdlette21  You specifically need to be logged into the Origin app and in online mode the first time you launch the game; the fact that you can connect via browser isn't enough.  Try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If that doesn't help, you can try the other troubleshooting steps in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Complete-Support-Origin/m-p/5019298#M51161

If none of that makes a difference, it would be best for you to start your own thread describing the issue and listing the steps you've already taken that haven't worked.  Sims 4 not launching is different than Origin not loading fully, and to be honest, I'm not great with Origin/Windows issues.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 7 (430 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you I’ll will try that this is my favorite game and I just want it to work
Message 5 of 7 (384 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ShellBell1169 im having the sme problem did they let you know how to solve the problem
Message 6 of 7 (288 Views)

@NITABOO123  What happens when you try to play?  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (273 Views)