Re: Sims 4 turns off my internet connection

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Sims 4 turns off my internet connection

★★ Novice

Hello!

So this is a new problem for me, but recently whenever I load up my game, my computer is no longer able to connect to my wifi. As soon as I close my game everything comes back online, but if I want to look something up or play music or anything else it's not going to work. This is especially irritating because it means the gallery doesn't work, so I can't upload my Sims and builds or pull anyone else's to use. Origin also goes offline when I'm playing and reconnects as soon as I close it. Is this a known problem or something that I can fix? I would really like to have that ability back.

Message 1 of 9 (4,452 Views)

Hero
@simsaminyt Moving this to the Origin forum as you say Origin goes offline so it sounds more like an issue with Origin than the Sims.

May I ask what country you're in ?

Have you tried if it works with a LAN connection ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (4,405 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think it's an Origin issue, I think Origin is just also affected, but maybe I'm missing something. Literally nothing that requires an internet connection will work until I exit the game; Spotify, Chrome, Discord, Messenger, and Origin all stop connecting as soon as I open Sims. Also, some new information. It somehow worked when I was on my work wifi? Pulled it up to check one day, and that worked just fine, so I'm really confused. My home wifi used to work just fine for it, and literally nothing about my home connection has changed, so I have no idea what's happening.

Message 3 of 9 (4,374 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @simsaminyt from all the info it would appear that you are having a network or ISP issue.

Let's try powercycling your router which involves unplugging it for a couple of minutes. Once done try the game and apps again to see if you see the same issue. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (4,324 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did you find a fix? I've done everything from resetting my router, whitelist sims and origin in antivirus, hardlining, it still kills my connnectiong. Every other game plays flawlessly without disconnecting me

Message 5 of 9 (4,251 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @yagwit it may be worth speaking with your ISP to see if they can see anything on their end that may be causing the issue.

Are you able to test on any other network such as a hotspot?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (4,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

BACKGROUND:  I'm fairly technical so I started with ISP resets, contact ISP for reset, uninstall Origin, Uninstall Sims, White-List Sims4 & Origin. Then I did a test. I started a large file upload to my google drive while sims 4 was running. Nothing was uploading. I killed Sims 4 in task manager, BOOM my file starts uploading. I'm back to 300mbps. I tried this a couple more times with other games, like PlantsVSzombies BFN, the upload went through as expected. Only Sims4 cut me off. 

SOLUTION: CHAT EA, THEY REMOVED LEGACY EDITION FROM  MY ACCOUNT. I did not even d/l Legacy! Crazy! I do not know why this fix worked. I'm just happy I can browse and play at the same time again. I have a Lenovo Legion 64bit machine. 

Message 7 of 9 (4,203 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @yagwit.

It's certainly and odd one.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (4,184 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! could you tell me how did you fix this? Did you download or remove the legacy? 

Message 9 of 9 (3,496 Views)