Re: Sims 4 trial for mac?

by MilenaLauraMlgg

Original Post

@PixieTink46  The standalone copy of Sims 4, the full game (not the free trial) and the one you buy on its own, does work in macOS.  Origin Access is Windows-only.  You just need to buy that version of Sims 4.  On the origin.com page, it's the button that says "not interested" in small print below the large blaring ads for Access.

You'll also want to cancel your Access subscription, or you might not be able to play Sims 4 even after buying the game itself.  You can do so through EA customer support.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 71 of 81 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess it wasn't constructive.  But yes, it would be nice to trial it on a Mac to be sure it is playable.  Since Windows 10 I have switched to Mac and/or linux.

Message 72 of 81 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 Could you please give the link for the demo.
Message 73 of 81 (1,079 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well am I getting my money back?

Message 74 of 81 (933 Views)

@9141716575  Are you getting your money back for a free trial?  Sure, why not.

Seriously though, if you've bought the full version of Sims 4, which does work in both Windows and macOS, and you can't play, please post in one of the Sims 4 sections asking for help.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

Or if you want a refund, here's a guide:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 75 of 81 (924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i think that would be saying something mean or using curse words.

Message 76 of 81 (851 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is it alright if I may ask but why is it that you can only play the free trial on windows and not mac? If it is possible do you think you could possibly make it that people with mac may also try the free trial thanks. I hope you consider allowing people with a mac to try the free trial. 

Message 77 of 81 (821 Views)

Sims 4 Free 48 hour Trial not downloading

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Free Trial
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Free Trial
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? everytime you try to download the free trial (no matter what browser or app used) it fails
What happens when the bug occurs? An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #FAILED_CHECKOUT]
What do you expect to see? I should be able to successfully download the free 48 hour trial.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

After online chatting and following all the suggested advice they came to the conclusion that it was a bug on their end which needs to be fixed. Anyone else have the same issue? Or manage to fix it? 

Message 78 of 81 (853 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Free 48 hour Trial not downloading

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rhiannamurchie afaik, the trial doesn't work for mac. Has to do with the trial being a thing before the mac version came out

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 79 of 81 (824 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Free 48 hour Trial not downloading

@rhiannamurchie

Yeah, just to confirm Crin’s reply. There has never been a trial version of TS4 available for Mac. It’s not a bug, customer support are wrong.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 80 of 81 (813 Views)