Sims 4 slow download

by sawyerschic328

Original Post

Re: Download taking a long time Sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

Guys mine is at 7 percent in 3 minutes so Its just yours....I'm not saying Its just your computer so it stinks I'm saying a lot of people are having this problem so I'm saying its common not Uncommon....But something EA needs to fix...

Message 91 of 126 (1,341 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This post is full of people complaining about download speed. No one has posted what their ISP is and what the download speed of their connection is and how they are connected to the modem. If you are connected with wifi you need to post how you are connected (A B or N). If you are connected directly to the modem how fast is that connection? There are many things that can affect the download speed. I notice a drop in my Comcast speed in the evenings when every one is home from school and work. How many people in your house are connected? With ISP being concerned about bandwidth I might think that the ISP may be throttling. Some ISPs do throttle although they won't admit it. I have Camcast business class and pay dearly for it but that cost includes terms of service that includes availability and speed. To analyze your situation you need to post ALL aspects of your connections. Only then can we advise. I once had a trouble call with a person downloading with their smart phone while they watched a movie. I have my router flashed with DDWRT and that tells who and how much bandwidth everyone is using.

hth

Message 92 of 126 (1,336 Views)

Re: Sims 4 slow download

★ Novice

I had the same problem, it took hours to go up 1% and took 3 and a half days to finally get to 90% before falling back to 24%. 

I spoke to someone at EA who recommended using CCleaner on your PC. You can download a free trial which is 14 days. Go onto the Cleaner section and keep clicking Run Cleaner until it's not finding any files to delete. Then go onto the registry part - Scan For Issues and then Remove Issues (take a copy of that). Then you'll want to try clearing your browsing history too. I logged off Origin and stopped the download, unplugged the routa for 1 minute and when I got back on the download was much quicker. I'm about 50% downloaded in a few hours (still not very fast but definitely an improvement.)

Message 93 of 126 (1,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same with me. I started at 5:37PM and waited for about 9 hours. It's 1:14AM right now. I'm so frustrated and it hasn't updated a single bit- infact, it just got lower. Starting from 5% to 1% what the hell? Teeth bared

Message 94 of 126 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine is taking too long fml

Message 95 of 126 (1,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why was I not warned of this? I had planned to come home and play the sims on my new macbook pro. 2 hours later... 3%

Disaster!

Message 96 of 126 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have it m8 It's algood I have it it is worth it

Message 97 of 126 (1,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same Here I started downloading  the game close to 3pm it is now 9pm in my game is is only on 56% i even try restarting my computer that did not work at all Frown this is ridiculous.

Message 98 of 126 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Maybe your computer is just old mine took like 1 to 2 hours.

Message 99 of 126 (1,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

actually mine is 418 KB a sec but its still super slow ;-;

Message 100 of 126 (1,121 Views)