Re: Download taking a long time Sims 4

by Hamezguy

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 slow download

★★★ Newbie

Same, I've been waiting for the download for about 8 hours now. I've asked everyone in my family to get off the internet because maybe it's something to do with your internet provider, but it hasn't made any difference. I've contacted GAME (where I bought the game) and they can't do anything to speed it up, it is really worth the wait? Now, I'm not so sure... It's made me feel much better that someone else is having the same problem, if there's anything I can do, just message me.

Thanks.

Message 111 of 126 (1,186 Views)

Hero

Does it progress at all ? It is a huge download. You can try pausing and restarting, that sometimes helps.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 112 of 126 (1,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I owe you big time man. Thanks so much.

Message 113 of 126 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. I planned to play it straight when I got home but it took more time than expected. It's not too slow (the download) but it is not fast at all

Message 114 of 126 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the exact same problem. last night round about 8:30 the installation took place I waited until nearer ten o'clock and found myself at 5% completion so I left it over night and I'm only at 15% is this normal. ive heard people say it took them 13hours and so on but I'm not wasting 13hours of my life waiting for this to download so if origin don't fix this quick they will loose customers asap

Message 115 of 126 (1,101 Views)

★ Novice
Same here. I started the download about approximately 3-4 hours ago. :I It's now currently on 45% and I also have the pets and vampires pack to download afterwards. It'll probably take me about 3 days to download.
Message 116 of 126 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know most of you guys have worse problems than this, but it ticks me off anyways. It takes a hour and a half for 1/4 of it to download. And my ADHD and excitement for the game doesn't help at all.

Message 117 of 126 (995 Views)

★★★ Newbie
same with me, it took 4 hours to download, not including the fact that I had to upgrade my computer 5 times, delete 13 GB of storage off my computer and download a new updated video drive.
Message 118 of 126 (903 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Has anyone given up and requested a refund?
Message 119 of 126 (766 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Sochloe123

Since this thread is from 2017 it is unlikely that any of the original posters still follow it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 120 of 126 (758 Views)