Re: Sims 4 slow download

by haileytreanor

Original Post

Re: Download taking a long time Sims 4

★★★ Newbie
It was the internet connection that is making it a long time because mine is at 29% percent and its only been downloading for about less than 15 minutes but it's did take 3 days to figure out how to download it😂.
Message 101 of 126 (1,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

have you checked your internet connection that's usually the problem with slow downlodes 

Message 102 of 126 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mines been taking forever!!! I started downloading the game this morning and its been about 8 hours and I'm only at 7%! At this point its going to take 4 days for the game to download. I already had a bunch of issues getting origin to work and now this! I'm not a happy camper. I just want to play sims!

Message 103 of 126 (1,071 Views)

★ Novice

Omg 300-400 kb?! Mine is 20-30 kb lol

Message 104 of 126 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same

Message 105 of 126 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Novice
That is normal behaviour for the sims. However mine took an hour and a half -roughly- but mine has hit a few problems because it hasn't processed all the data. I have tried in-installing a few times as well and it still hasn't picked up some data?
Message 106 of 126 (1,060 Views)

★★ Novice

@nicolemariem99 wrote:
I got the sims 4 yesterday at 10:30 am and it's now 12:27. It's been over 13 hours and it keeps going up then it goes down. It's obviously a problem with origin because spore took around 8 hours. It's very disappointing that I spent $60 to wait 13 hours just to play it. Hopefully it's worth it

you think that's bad? I had to wait almost four days for it to download and now it's having the same problem when i install it for the first time onto another computer. And people are saying it's the wifi not origin? I haven't had any problems with any other game before, just this one

Message 107 of 126 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought and downloaded the sims around 20 hours ago, currently the percentage of download is 47% my internet is slow but I removed some devices from the wifi and it's still very slow.

Message 108 of 126 (953 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you go onto orgin and press the orgin button then press reset page it will go up one percent.

Message 109 of 126 (945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! If you're talking about downloading the base game, then yes it will take a long time. The Sims 4 is a very big game so it will take maybe 2-3 days for it to download, if it takes any longer than 2-3 days try exiting out of every tab on your computer, make sure your internet is working good and try to just go away from your computer for a day, if this helped anyone then im glad!

Message 110 of 126 (894 Views)