Re: Download taking a long time Sims 4

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the latest Apple Macbook Pro today, brand new and its taken almost 6 hours to get to 30%. Only for it to jump back to 9%. I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm also at another house trying someone else internet.. still taking forever. I literally have had this laptop for 10 hours, it has to be EA. 

Message 81 of 126 (988 Views)
Highlighted

@selenakarel

Download is really slow despite of fast Internet connection 

This is usually the case if there's lots of people downloading at the same time. You can try pausing the download and resuming to see if it picks up in speed.

Download reverts to lower percentage

Try turning on Safe Downloading in your Origin Options (click on the spoiler below to view an exemplary screenshot).

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 82 of 126 (1,069 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's what happened to me. Try 'force quit' when it stops going up. Mine's only on 10%, but it's more of an improvement then 1%.

Message 83 of 126 (1,050 Views)

Re: Sims 4 slow download

★★★ Newbie

I've had it downloading for around 4-5 hours and it's only on 22%. I've just given up on it so going to wait till weekend, I recommend that you download Sims 4 when you have quite a bit of time on your hands.

Message 84 of 126 (1,112 Views)

★ Novice

mine still says "preparing to download" ._.

Message 85 of 126 (1,024 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems a lot of people had the same issue as I did. Apparently the game should say copying and not downloading. Well of course, mine said downloading. So I uninstalled Origin (several times) and reinstalled and every time my game said downloading. So what I had to do is keep cancelling the download on Origin by right-clicking until it said Copying. Took just under an hour to get from 1% to 100%. It is troublesome but its worth it because the game is amazing.

Message 86 of 126 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been downloading for 24 hours at least and it's only at 81%. This is insane. We have payed for this game and we want to play it! This is driving me insane...

Message 87 of 126 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine says downloading, but it it the same on a Mac? Or do I need to do what you did?
Message 88 of 126 (1,074 Views)

Hero

It should work similar but if you're on a mac, it's best to seek help in the mac forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 126 (1,070 Views)

LARGE FILE, DUMB PEOPLE

★★★ Newbie

Hey, Ive Played Sims 4 Before It Is WORTH IT. I Reccommend You Understand That Its A 10.00GB FILE!!!! I WAITED 7 Hours AND IT WAS STILL 7%

Message 90 of 126 (963 Views)