Re: Download taking a long time Sims 4

by oink22

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

it reached 91% 5 mins ago and dropped back to 83%.

this is giving me depression now.

Message 51 of 126 (3,464 Views)

Re: Sims 4 slow download

★★★ Newbie

If you have not figured it out yet, I suggest you completely uninstall Origin and The Sims 4. Delete all the files then start over again. I've done this and my download went up quite fast. I think I waited about 1 hour an a half for it to download.

Message 52 of 126 (3,578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I got mine 2 days ago and its a 49% I paid 80$ for this game

Message 53 of 126 (2,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my base game took 4 days to download, now Im downloading outdoor retreat. After 2 hours and 75% downloaded, it starts over to 0%....im so done!

Message 54 of 126 (2,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game yesterday and it was taking forever to download, so I tried doing it again today, and it's been nearly four hours and it's stuck at 37% and I'm getting very frustrated. I've force quit Origin a few times, and it won't go past 37%. Any tips? My internet connection is fine and it isn't very slow, so I don't know what's wrong, although it seems like lots of people have this problem as well.

Message 55 of 126 (3,472 Views)

Hero

Did you check if your firewall and antivirus are maybe blocking the connection

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 126 (3,466 Views)

★★ Novice

Bought Sims 4 yesterday and its taken 13 hours to get to 17%. This topic has been going for over a year with NO real solutions. Advice like 'get better internet' is just an absolute joke! Why are there ALWAYS issues with Sims and EA? There's never an easy work around! Why does a customer have to be an IT expert just a download a game? I saw an answer that its the ping time? So basically customers in Europe don't stand a chance! Ridiculous...

Message 57 of 126 (3,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you have digital version, still cannot see a solution i am sorry, but if you bought the disk version then use the disk rather than the internet download, that solves the problem.

Message 58 of 126 (2,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well I have been downloading it for 20 minutes and its now up too 83 and now its acting slow

Message 59 of 126 (2,437 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@AlishaGarnett

Keep in mind that while your computer is downloading data from the Internet, it is also writing this data onto your hard drive. Thus, if your computer is busy, it might slow down the whole process significantly.

If your progress reverts to a lower percentage, however, enable the safe mode downloading in the Origin app from the Advanced settings. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 60 of 126 (2,433 Views)