Re: Download taking a long time Sims 4

by xxfluffysockzz

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
started my on Friday and my laptop has been running since then. Its Monday! its at 71%. It was at 81% and then went back down to 71%. This game costs too much money for these problems.
Message 41 of 126 (4,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Think of it this way: how many god damn things can you  do in the Sims! How many combinations for people do you have and take all that and cram it into your computer! Not so unimpressive now eh?

Message 42 of 126 (4,059 Views)

Everything on downloading:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

ThatOneBadGuy125: LOL! :womanlol:

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 43 of 126 (4,058 Views)

Re: Sims 4 slow download

★★★ Newbie

Ok I got the sims yesterday and it got to 99 ./. and then went back to 81 ./. and then i realised every time i pause the download and then like 20 mins it went go pack 10 percent so yah did u pause it

Message 44 of 126 (7,039 Views)

Re: Sims 4 slow download

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi!

I spent 8 hours waiting for my Sims4 to complete its Download.

And now, it is ready to Play.

A week before, I spent two days waiting for the game to complete its download and it got stuck at 84%.

I knew that Sims4 is a huge file and I am not sure if my laptop can even run the game. 

I did some preparation on my next trial...

They said, there could be three things that stops my game to download:

1. Programs that may conflict with my Download

2. Internet connection -- am on WiFi

3. RAM

So I did:

1. Allowed my Origin to my Antivirus and Firewall, tick the "Public" for each

2. Reset my IE Settings, and Flush my DNS Cache, I also did clear my Browser's cache

3. And uninstall some games on my laptop I no longer play, and Clear my Origin Data Cahce - also did Clean Boot

Now, I'm ready...

I also start up with Safemode with Networking to avoid my install data got corrupted.

I did download the game, and it is working fine... after 8 hours and 20 minutes... 

It installed for 40 minutes... Only my Origin is open during that time. 

And I found out that it is not only my Internet Speed that contributes to the slow download...

My processor speed is also slow, I need to have Intel Core i5 or better to make sure it will avoid slow download and freezing on the game... Got Core 2 Duo though...

But, good thing, I got it installed after half a day of waiting... Confusedmileywink:

Message 45 of 126 (4,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded mine overnight,it has finished downloading but now it is INSTALLING! This is the second day waiting, hopefully it will be worth it.

Message 46 of 126 (4,008 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It only took me less than 30 mins on my macbook pro. But my internet connection is very good.

Message 47 of 126 (4,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For anyone that may still be struggling on how to speed up the download, I can help. I found this elsewhere when I first got The Sims 4. Basically, you want to cancel the download, which yes if you are half way through already, I can't imagine you want to do that. But if you cancel the download, and exit out of origin. Make sure you actually exit it, and you don't just close down the page. Put the Sims disk back into your computer and let it run origin from there, if that makes sense. Just let the disk open origin, rather than you opening it. Follow the instructions and when it starts, it should say copying rather than installing or downloading. Hopefully, it shouldn't take nearly as long. Mine took maybe 20-30 minutes? 

Hopefully this made sense, and it actually works. I think it works on any EA game, so you can do it with any other game too. I hope I helped!Standard smile

Message 48 of 126 (3,989 Views)

★★★ Novice
But this will not work for Mac, will it? The Mac version is only digital download anyway... Does anyone have another solution-for macs too-as after 12hrs only 31%
@xxfluffysockzz wrote:

For anyone that may still be struggling on how to speed up the download, I can help. I found this elsewhere when I first got The Sims 4. Basically, you want to cancel the download, which yes if you are half way through already, I can't imagine you want to do that. But if you cancel the download, and exit out of origin. Make sure you actually exit it, and you don't just close down the page. Put the Sims disk back into your computer and let it run origin from there, if that makes sense. Just let the disk open origin, rather than you opening it. Follow the instructions and when it starts, it should say copying rather than installing or downloading. Hopefully, it shouldn't take nearly as long. Mine took maybe 20-30 minutes? 

Hopefully this made sense, and it actually works. I think it works on any EA game, so you can do it with any other game too. I hope I helped!Standard smile

Message 49 of 126 (3,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it has been nearly 24 hours and it's still at 88%...

i left my macbook on to download it the whole day when I went to work. and I came home with it at 83% and a pop up msg saying "an error occurred"

I wonder when the error occurred... 

I even got a mouse after work thinking i m going to play the game tonight.... Confusedmileymad:

Message 50 of 126 (3,808 Views)