Re: Sims 4 slow download

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: Download taking a long time Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

So what do we do!!!! My laptop is taking 8 hours overnight and only got me 9%, but then I did it thoughout the day and finally got it to 21%

Message 21 of 126 (27,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been downloading this game for 24hrs now this is ridiculous!!!!!!  I'm only at 44% of the first half!!!! This is so frustrating!!! I just want to play the game that I paid for I don't want all these extra add ons!!!!!! I want answers on how to fix this problem I've tried exiting Origin and even restarting the computer numerous times and nothing is working!!!! This is beyond infurating!!!!

Message 22 of 126 (10,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

after 8 hours, im only at 48%Confusedmileymad:

Message 23 of 126 (25,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie
If any of you still are having the issue...

I had the same issue, and I recieved my PC around Xmas 2014 time. My Computer did not come with a WiFi Antenna built in, and when I bought one and got it working on my PC, the download took about 30mins.

In summary, CHECK if you have a WiFi antenna!!!

Hope this helps!!! 😀
Message 24 of 126 (10,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have been stressing because I payed $80 for it. But after reading your guys comments I feel better it has taken me 4 hours to get me to 70% I hope it hurrys up. And did your guys games end up loading?
Message 25 of 126 (8,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Maine only took me 2 hours and I got it for free from the on the house deal
Message 26 of 126 (8,282 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What i don't understand is when i open a browser or just search on the web it downloads faster. Other than when i use youtube (started experimenting) Explanations please!!

Message 27 of 126 (9,853 Views)

It could be a lot of things. It could be that your internet is slow.
Might be the Origin server is not handeling the masses of people trying to download it. 
It might even be a bug... 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 28 of 126 (9,849 Views)

★★★ Novice

there is not way you got the Sims 4 for free.... haha

Message 29 of 126 (8,074 Views)

★ Novice

I'm currently on 80% on my macbook, only after waiting literally 24 hours and it being stuck at 74% - I gave up and downloaded it on my mum's new mac (i'm not sure which one but its one of the newer ones out) and it literally downloaded in 10 mins max and was ready to play. I use the same connection on my laptop, so i really don't know what the problem is. Its only started crawling again after i deleted some old programs and emptied my trash. My macbook is kinda old but it fits all the specs and requirements soooo idk. :/ Maybe on newer models it loads faster? My internet is fine and even though its probably doing 1% a couple of minutes, its kinda getting there! Fingers crossed lol. 

Message 30 of 126 (8,023 Views)