Re: Download taking a long time Sims 4

by mtemple02

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 slow download

★★★ Newbie

I bought yesterday at 10:00 am and is now 5:24pm and it went down from 40% to 33%.........................................

Message 11 of 126 (43,197 Views)

Community Manager

Normally the problem is with your connection. Try running a speed test at www.speedtest.net. If your download rate is less than 1 mbps then you're getting less than 1 meg a second. The download is somewhere around 8 gigs I believe. That's 8000 megs so it can take quite a while.

Aljo.png
Message 12 of 126 (43,189 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
The download speeds are slow because of:
Your internet speed
The speed of your connection with Origin's servers
And the speed of Origin's servers send rate
Meaning that, if the servers are overloaded and your internet slow, the download is slow. If your internet is average but servers are overloaded, download is slow
If your internet is average and the servers are free-ish, the download is kind of fast or at an average speed.
So either get a better internet, or, wait until the servers are more free
Message 13 of 126 (43,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
What if your Internet connection is actually super fast? (I just tested mine).
Message 14 of 126 (43,061 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

omg :womanembarrassed:i thought my situation was bad i started since 7 this morning and now its 6 its only 56%

Message 15 of 126 (14,452 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone! I think I may have figured this little problem out. I had the exact same problem as you all. I got the Sims 4 game as soon as it came out. I didn't get to install it until recently because my laptop didn't suport it. A few days ago, I finally installed it onto my origin. After that, problem after problem toppled over me like an avalanche. It took over 24 hours just to get to 25% downloaded. I checked online everywhere for answers and I even contacted origin. Everything that everyone recommended wasn't working; my connection was fine. I was beyond frustrated. I logged out of origin and restarted my computer. It turns out that origin needed a "crucial update". After it upldated, it said that my game was fully downloaded and now it's copying. I hope this helps you all out!

-Emily Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 16 of 126 (14,310 Views)

★ Novice

its not the internet it only took three minutes on my desktop and its been taking all night on my laptop and it brand new

Message 17 of 126 (31,604 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same problem, I got the game 2 days ago op and only on 29%! I also have good internet so this isn't the issue. I've also tried all the suggestions on installing from the disk and not having to go online and nothing works, it still says I have to go online! So excited to play the game that I've paid £40 for!
Message 18 of 126 (31,602 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is not our internet. It's totally EA.

Message 19 of 126 (31,005 Views)

★★ Novice

It's no one's internet . I took the speed test, and that loaded really fast.

However, to download the game its taking me 9 hours

Message 20 of 126 (30,504 Views)