Re: Sims 4 slow download

by Mama-Caz2508

Original Post

Sims 4 slow download

★★★★★ Novice

I just purchased the sims 4 today through Origin. I started the download around 4:00 P.M. EST. It's been almost 6 hrs now and it's only at 56%. Is there any way i can speed up the download? 

-Thanks

Message 2 of 126 (82,808 Views)

Download taking a long time Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I started to download the Sims 4 on origin about 5/6 hours ago, and it's only at 52%, and it says that is still will be another 5 hours, it just seems ridiculous. I do not know if it is my internet? But some people had it download and ready to play within 30 minutes to 2 hours? I don't get it, is there any way to increase the speed?

Message 1 of 126 (72,083 Views)

Re: Download taking a long time Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

!!me to its at 53% after being run overnight

Message 3 of 126 (71,864 Views)

★★★ Novice
Mine has been downloading for 7 hours and it's at 22% this is ridiculous! We all paid a good amount of money for this game, it should not be this crappy.
Message 4 of 126 (71,838 Views)

Community Manager

This is an issue with your internet. You can't blame EA for this. Check with your internet providers. You also will free up bandwidth if your're not streaming movies and sharing your internet with others as you're downloading. Try running a speedtest at www.speedtest.net. Then callyour ISP and give them the results. They'll let you know if it is below what you're supposed to be getting for a download speed.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 126 (71,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've been trying to download for 6 hours & have 2%, at this rate it's going to take 3 months to download. So annoyed after waiting so long for the release.
Message 6 of 126 (82,263 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. 

I followed teh advice of removing the installation and re-downloading/installing Origin, but I still only get to 82% before it boots me out. I checked my onnection and it's fine etc.

So much for pre-odering and playing as soon as it gets released. It's ridiculous advice to give that uninstalling Origin is a solution, when the problem appears to be Origin .. so fix that?

Frustrating as hell .. can't download the game, connection is terrible with Origin, server drops me out and rolls me back .. is this part of the game or something?

\Meh ...

Message 7 of 126 (82,237 Views)

★★ Novice
I got the sims 4 yesterday at 10:30 am and it's now 12:27. It's been over 13 hours and it keeps going up then it goes down. It's obviously a problem with origin because spore took around 8 hours. It's very disappointing that I spent $60 to wait 13 hours just to play it. Hopefully it's worth it
Message 8 of 126 (81,997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I started installation last night at 8 pm and it is now the next day and about to be 1 pm. I am only at 80%. I pay for the fastest internet speed you can have, lol, so I don't think it's your connection... I think it is unfortunately a problem with Origin. Probably a zillion people trying to download the game from Origin and creating lag. Hope you have gotten to play since posting this!

Message 9 of 126 (81,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem, well except everyone in the house is on a mission to turn the computer off MID DOWNLOAD AAAAHHHHHHHHH

Message 10 of 126 (81,520 Views)