Sims 4 not letting me redownload certain DLC

by harleyman12345

Original Post

Sims 4 not letting me redownload certain DLC

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have just reinstalled and most of the DLC has successfully reinstalled with it. However, not all of it. There are a few that haven't; the download option is lit up, but clicking on it does nothing and so my data is incomplete. Any idea what's wrong?

(Removed the photo, keep it civil on the forums including names of what you upload) - Atic 

Message 1 of 3 (290 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not letting me redownload certain DLC

[ Edited ]

@harleyman12345  You probably want to let the existing downloads complete, if they haven't already, before you start troubleshooting.  When they're done, try clearing Origin's cache, and if that doesn't work, uninstalling Origin "the hard way" and reinstalling.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If that doesn't help, hover over your username and click Application Settings.  Under Application (the first header), set Origin to automatically update your games.  If it's already set, disable it, quit, sign in again, and reenable the option.  Either way, once it's enabled, quit, restart your computer, sign in, and hopefully the downloads will start automatically.  If not, disable the option, quit, reenable it, quit, and clear Origin's cache before restarting your computer, then try again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (259 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not letting me redownload certain DLC

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, I should have specified that this was a second attempt. Previously everything was installed and certain packs still wouldn't install.

I did get around it though, but it was a strange ordeal. I found that uninstalling and reinstalling origin would let me download 1 dlc. Then repeat the process again to download 1 at a time. It was painstaking, but successful. It is likely related to the fact that I am having to use an old version of origin due to the fact that the current version does not let me log in online besides trying all of the steps suggested by EA and other people that tried their best to help.

Thank you very much for your response though. It is much appreciated! Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (220 Views)