Sims 4 not launching

by rnyoung25

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 not launching

★★★ Novice

Every time i click to open sims from the shortcut and from origin, the game does not launch. Origin seems to think that it  has opened as it updates the date that I last played after attempting to launch the game. This has been going on for a few days now. I have tried updating the game, I have tried repairing the game and I have even updated my pc and it still wont launch. I dont know what else to do, if anyone else has had this problem please help.

Message 1 of 26 (25,340 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 not launching

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey there @rnyoung25,

Let's try the following steps to get this issue sorted for you:

Let me know if you still have issues once you've tried these steps! 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 26 (25,311 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey there @rnyoung25,

Let's try the following steps to get this issue sorted for you:

Let me know if you still have issues once you've tried these steps! 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 26 (25,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem as well.  Try pinning the app to your taskbar, then click.  If it doesn't open, click it 10 times.  It'll likely take a few minutes to open. I bought the game on Steam, and I'm not really sure if Origin is the problem, or if Steam is.  But, if you have it on Steam, click play. Sometimes it'll say launching, then cancel the launch on its own, but keep clicking play and wait a few seconds/minutes.

Message 3 of 26 (25,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I am also having these same issues. I have tried all your suggested fixes, but the game still will only reach the first title screen with the animated sim diamond flying in but then it will just close out of the game. I do not have any mods, and like I said I tried all the options you gave. Is there something else I can do? 

Message 4 of 26 (25,184 Views)

@Lking794  So you've moved or renamed the Sims 4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts, and the game still won't load?  If that's the case, and your computer runs Windows, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 26 (25,168 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have spent 3-5 hours loading and unloading different files, this is just plan old dumb.  Why would you do this EA you know the Sims 4 fans will not play with out mods?? Mods are not allowing the program to load up.  You answer of reset to factory and take out all MODs really is not a very good answer.  So for many of us, your looking for us to abandon the game all together? 20 years of playing this game all the different versions and this update is the absolute worse thing you could have ever done!

Message 6 of 26 (25,137 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its the newest update from Origin that has made this issue

Message 7 of 26 (25,134 Views)

@ARP98  You do realize that the only way to not break mods would be to never update Sims 4 at all, right?  That would mean no new content as well.  I'm pretty sure no one wants that either.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 26 (25,105 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ARP98 just so you are aware, if you are running mods then you are using third-party content that EA does not support. Sure you can use it to enhance your game and we allow it but it is up to the mod and CC makers to ensure that their content works with the game. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 26 (25,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@rnyoung25 same being going on for a week with me i need help and i just bought a pack so want to plat
Message 10 of 26 (24,983 Views)