Sims 4 launch stopped working

by NeesaChu

Original Post

Sims 4 launch stopped working

★★ Novice

So I opened the game for the first time and played it for about 2 hours. I close out the game to take a break and now when I try to launch it, the screen crashes and it just opens up Origin. This is very strange and frustrating because I've tried duplicating the Sims 4 file and relaunching the game, I have tried repairing the game and I do not know what else to do. I only got 2 hours of gameplay in before it stopped working. 

Any assistance would be great.

Thank you

Message 1 of 11 (777 Views)

Re: Sims 4 launch stopped working

[ Edited ]

@NeesaChu  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  Did you play before or after the most recent update, released yesterday (July 8) around 10 am Pacific time?  If you haven't tried yet, please update the game and see whether your can play.

When trying to update, be sure to open Origin first, find the Sims 4 icon in your game library, and click Update from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (737 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issues here.

Can't update or launch Sims 4 today.

Can't they just leave the game alone and let us play.

Message 3 of 11 (729 Views)

@hakjie11  Same question: Windows or macOS?  Also, try updating Sims 4 from within Origin rather than launching from the Sims 4 app or a shortcut.

Message 4 of 11 (688 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm running on windows and I cannot seem to find an option to update the game, I only see the game properties and the option to repair (along with a few other choices) when I click on the game settings. 

Message 5 of 11 (655 Views)

@NeesaChu  That's strange.  When I right-click on the Sims 4 icon, Update is one of the options, just below Add to Favorites and above Repair.  But if you're not seeing the option to update, try repairing first.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and if necessary, repair again.

Message 6 of 11 (633 Views)

Sims 4 crashing immediately after launch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I opened the game for the first time and played it for about 2 hours. I close out the game to take a break and now when I try to launch it, the screen crashes and it just opens up Origin. This is very strange and frustrating because I've tried duplicating the Sims 4 file and relaunching the game, I have tried repairing the game and I do not know what else to do. I only got 2 hours of gameplay in before it stopped working. I do not see the option to update the game either.

I have posted this issue before, but I thought I would post it in this specific forum.

Any assistance would be great.

Thank you

Message 7 of 11 (682 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing immediately after launch

★★★ Newbie

the same thing is happening to me too Devil

Message 8 of 11 (628 Views)

@NeesaChu  I've merged your new post with your existing thread.  Did repairing help?

@oceanicclipwhale  It would probably be easier if you started your own thread describing exactly what's happening in your particular game.  But it's worth trying to repair as well, in case the solution really is that simple.

Message 9 of 11 (591 Views)

★★ Novice

No, repairing didn’t work. I have no idea what could be going on, but I submitted an error ticket. I’m hoping I get a response or an update comes out that fixes this issue. Otherwise, I will probably have to get a refund.

Message 10 of 11 (527 Views)