Re: Sims 4 Update stuck on constant resuming loop

by AmyLRobertson

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Update stuck on constant resuming loop

★ Novice

Installed the latest Sims 4 updates and it is stuck on resuming. Every time it carries on download it will go from 82% to 92% then will restart resuming and then that continues as a cycle back at 82%.

• I have tried the resetting origin link on other answers which has done nothing
  • I have also deleted origin on my Mac Pro laptop and reinstalled which has done nothing.
  • Also looked for the safe mode in my application setting which I cannot find so not sure if it is called something different now.

Can anyone please help?

Message 1 of 11 (2,336 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@AmyLRobertson 

Hey there,

Safe Mode Downloading has been removed, but it will be standard in the next Origin update. You can update to the Beta version to make use of it now. 

Hopefully that helps!

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (2,309 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@AmyLRobertson 

Hey there,

Safe Mode Downloading has been removed, but it will be standard in the next Origin update. You can update to the Beta version to make use of it now. 

Hopefully that helps!

Message 2 of 11 (2,310 Views)

★ Novice

Hello Thank you for getting back so quickly. How do I update to the beta version? It currently says beta in the top right corner of Origin when I open it up.

Message 3 of 11 (2,291 Views)

★★ Novice
@AmyLRobertson to change to beta, hover over your user name and select application settings and scroll down to participate in origin client beta.

I'm also having the same issue with the constant resuming loop. I currently have the beta ver. but its still not working for me.
Message 4 of 11 (2,256 Views)

★ Novice

Hey That worked for me. I turned off that setting and it relaunched Origin and updated the game fully. Thank you so much. I hope you can get a fix for yours soon. 😃

Message 5 of 11 (2,230 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue as well. only mine gets to about 15-19 percent then stops and resets the download. I've been trying to update the game since yesterday afternoon to no avail. even tried at work and nadda. it just kept getting stuck. 

Message 6 of 11 (2,222 Views)

★★ Novice
@AmyLRobertson I just fixed the issue with my one too by turning beta mode off! I'm so glad it worked for you, happy simming!
Message 7 of 11 (2,214 Views)

★★ Novice
@deltavoyager1 Hi! Have you tried turning beta mode off and restarting origin? because that fixed mine.

Steps to turning off beta:
1. Hover username in origin
2 Press Application Setting
3. Scroll down to Participate in Origin Client Beta and switch that off
4. Restart Origin

Once you've done that try updating the game again.
Message 8 of 11 (2,213 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah did that. although by that point Origin had a patch for the patch so im up to 55% now, although I may have to reboot the computer as well.

Message 9 of 11 (2,189 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I had to turn off the beta and wait for the client to correct itself, and then I was able to update Sims 4.  As a professional software QA Analyst, I got to say, this is an epic failure to test.  Sure, it's a beta client, but one of the main functions of the client is to update and install games, and Sims 4 is one of the biggest games Origin has.  To have the beta client not work is a major failure to test.

Message 10 of 11 (2,163 Views)